• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
2/18/14 snow event

weathafella

We do fine. Chillax. It's just the NAM past 24hrs anyways.

Nice ribbon of mid-level omega here.

Seems like it's almost 2 forcing mechanisms. For CT/RI/E Mass it's a lot of powerful boundary layer convergence and low level isentropic lift. 

To the north... especially Rt 2 corridor on north there's strong forcing from the DCVA associated with the vort max racing east. 

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like it's almost 2 forcing mechanisms. For CT/RI/E Mass it's a lot of powerful boundary layer convergence and low level isentropic lift.

To the north... especially Rt 2 corridor on north there's strong forcing from the DCVA associated with the vort max racing east.

verbatim those rates wash out the BL, OT, Super G is the bomb

Just looking at the ewall version, but splitting hairs on the 24 hour+ NAM at this point...might as well piss on a spark plug

LOL, agree. I like this little guy...injection lows...lows that inject high octane fuel into them in a narrow jet. I mean maybe it tracks near BOS and it's warm, but these guys can pack a quick punch.

Oh sure...it's not going to be more than advisory...likely range IMHO is 2-4 for now. Maybe someone is lucky with 4-5..but 2-4 is reasonable inland I think.

I think the disconnect for some with this low tracking overhead is how weak it is. Original low is well NW of us but it spawns this little child near NYC. Weak at first. The fact its so weak means it isn't really pumping in the warm air like it would be with a mature storm. So I don't think a lot of people need to worry about that unless they are in a torch spot. This storm is all about how far north and east you are. This winter has spread the wealth to everyone which is great.

Archived