• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Lol Monday night sneaky event

Ji

You couldn't do much better timewise for maximizing snow from an imperfect storm.  Start after midnight and end by sun up.  

yup...too bad we'll be sleeping...including me...I'm probably good until 2am, then bed, then I'll get up and measure again before it gets too light out..if I wake up at say 4:30am and check radar and see it is +SN, I'll probably get up for 10 minutes

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's an unstable layer so it could support convection if it is correct. I don't see the layer on the GFS so the unstable layer may or may not be true but may explain the high hourly rates someone shows with one of the models. 

If I get my TSSN from this measley piece of crap I will be pissed and pleased at the same time. Thats a nice unstable layer. Classic instability too

yup...too bad we'll be sleeping...including me...I'm probably good until 2am, then bed, then I'll get up and measure again before it gets too light out..if I wake up at say 4:30am and check radar and see it is +SN, I'll probably get up for 10 minutes

I'll have the lights on and look out when I wake to go to the bathroom and will try to get our early to measure the snow before the daytime melt starts.  This should put me over 20 inches for the year,  that'll make me happy. 

perhaps this winter will bring the 20" winter back

A cursory check showed that DC and Raleigh are the only two major east coast cities from Atlanta through Boston that have not hit 30-yr climo yet. DC should get to climo tomorrow, while Philly, with any accumulation at all, will move into 3rd snowiest winter ever, beating 1898/1899 (!). 

This winter is definitely beyond well-above average and into historic territory for our northern tier counties. 

17z HRRR looks like the RAP in the aspect of the 1st band around the 1-2am time frame. Heaviest echoes for that band are around the MD/PA line up to my neck of the woods. The 2nd band on the back end of the run seems to be geared up for the later period. Looked strong already at the HR 15 spot. Could be a sweet quick thump. We shall see

0.3" gets DCA to 4th highest seasonal total in last 25 winters...currently only a 25" gap between 3rd and 4th

right now

09-10: 56.1

95-96 - 46.0"

02-03 - 40.4"

99-00 - 15.4"

89-90 - 15.3"

13-14 - 15.2"

Lol we haven't had a 20 inch winter once in 25 years?

Archived