northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Lol Monday night sneaky event

Ji

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mostly to figure out precip as it's 10:1... tho could be close in this case.  def better to have it 'aboard'. the other models have overdone precip too consistently over winter to get too excited without the euro even at this range imo.

post-1615-0-67109900-1392660155_thumb.pn

mostly to figure out precip as it's 10:1... tho could be close in this case.  def better to have it 'aboard'. the other models have overdone precip too consistently over winter to get too excited without the euro even at this range imo.

attachicon.gifecmwf_tsnow_washdc_6.png

Just to the east of Wes's nipple is the jackpot, hopefully it will back west a drop and he will get jack potted.

that is a good run....makes 0.25" believable...though I would probably forecast less for us...I coul see a 1.5" IMBY...I assume it will underperform

It matters more for Baltimore metro, I think. For DC, the range across the models is not that big at this point- 0.2-0.35". And all the the models are wetter today than they were yesterday. So, the upside is not a large snow-- just moderate-- and we seem to have a lower floor of around an inch. 

that is a good run....makes 0.25" believable...though I would probably forecast less for us...I coul see a 1.5" IMBY...I assume it will underperform

yeah it's solid. i think 1" is a good bet at the least.. i'm not sure how much additional qpf we're seeing from the low enhancement.. dunno if I'd bank on that too heavily. but these debates about 0.1" liquid are always a lot trickier than we give them credit for.  it will be cold going in at least even with tons of sun today. dews are really low still.

It matters more for Baltimore metro, I think. For DC, the range across the models is not that big at this point- 0.2-0.35". And all the the models are wetter today than they were yesterday. So, the upside is not a large snow-- just moderate-- and we seem to have a lower floor of around an inch. 

I guess I hadn't looked at everything.. Just now glancing at the NAM and Canadian they are pretty wet comparatively. I am mostly a GFS/Euro blend n00b unless there's a big storm.  The group does look pretty decent for DC/east/NE especially.

Its looking like Baltimore metro might be the "jackpot" here? Any concerns with mixing or is this all snow?

Sent from my XT907

The bulk of the precip should be snow but the NAm soundings suggest it could end as freezing drizzle as the dry air comes in aloft and the cloud tops lower and because they lower, get warmer.  The nam is sometimes too aggressive with the dry layer but I wouldn't rule out a little freezing drizzle after the heavier precip rates start pooping out.

Archived