joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 12-13 Storm IV, Model Discussion

stormtracker

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, I've seen differing opinions and things on here, but I was curious whether the DC metro area actually flips to all rain or mostly a mix of something like rain/sleet/snow toward mid-late morning...and that it will be relatively light during the lull, before the deformation snows crank up later in the day.

OK, I've seen differing opinions and things on here, but I was curious whether the DC metro area actually flips to all rain or mostly a mix of something like rain/sleet/snow toward mid-late morning...and that it will be relatively light during the lull, before the deformation snows crank up later in the day.

probably light rain/zr/sleet during the lull....freezing drizzle would be sweet

I've basically been ignoring the fact that every model has us at like 35 degrees during the comma head

Yeah, saw that on the 2-m temps, but they seem to be lowering throughout (eyeballing the temp line as best I can on the NCEP maps).  Are rates solid enough at that point?  It sure looks like the lower levels above the surface have cooled a fair bit by then.

even though I don't buy the temp profiles, how much do we lose to snizzle, assuming .4" or so?

i dunno...Im honestly too exhausted to keep analyzing models...  :)

not directed at you at all but 

everyone believes whatever they want to believe anyway...if it is sleeting at 5am, 100 people will be posting that no model showed it, and how could this be happening...when it comes to weenieism you can scream at people for an hour that it will rain and they simply wont accept that it was ever said...I am too tired to keep answering questions that have been overanalyzed and answered and discussed ad nauseum for the last 48 hours....if people don't understand at this point the general outline of how this storm might evolve, they are simply unteachable  

Archived