joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/13/2014 Major Coastal Storm Observations

Rtd208

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still ripping snow here in the Edison area with 7" of new snow, as of 8:40 am, including 2" in the last 40 minutes, which is 3" per hour stuff. Simply amazing out there. Should get to 8-9" at least, I think, on the front end, but as per posts in this forum, the sleet line is now up to Trenton (and the rain line up to Mt. Holly), so it's advancing much faster than I think anyone expected.

Most areas that were under the 8-10" total snowfall amounts along I-95 south of maybe NB will likely get to 7-10" just from the front end with the back end still to come with several inches, hopefully. However, the 10-14" amounts from NE Middlesex County to NYC and even the places N/W of 95 in SE PA/NJ, north of Trenton, who are also in 10-14" swaths and even 14-18" swaths 20-30 miles NW of Philly will also likely only get to 7-10" on the front end, so that they may have a tougher time getting to their final amounts, unless the back end delivers 4-6".

With reports of temperature drops in Northwest Montgomery County and the cc line breaking up a bit in Southern Montgomery County I'm wondering if the colder air aloft is fighting its way back to the southeast from the northwest

wind has more of a northeast component here now in Central Montgomery County

heavy snow is becoming predominant again

Ambler pa

7"

30f

29.80" bp

Voorhees, NJ - Measured about 9 inches.  A lot warmer compared to the January 21st storm.   Temperature up to 34 now.  Getting a lot of sleet.  A few rain drops mixed in.  But did see it change back to snow briefly at times.  

Snow is a heavy wet type.  Great for making snowballs.  

If your out shoveling, please be careful.  This is a day where you could blow your back out or get a heart attack.  Just pace yourselves out there and yeh, have some fun.  Looking forward to the second half of the storm tonight.  

Just amazing snow rates right now here in NW Chesco - I thought we would have changed over by now -still no pings at all--- the bad news is it was too much for my snowblower I barely finished half my driveway and it clogged tried clearing it 5 times but no luck - any ideas how to keep the blades clear - Thanks!
Temp up to 28.4 will do a measure at the top of the hour

Archived