Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
2/13/2014 Major Coastal Storm Observations

Rtd208

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heavy sleet in concord township, pa...snow fighting back, probably about 50/50 mix in heavier rates...no idea how much we have, relying on kamusnow for that measurement...

Same conditions here (Concord Township) - began to mix around an hour ago, still going back and forth, although the temp. is up to 32F. Measured 11.0" just after 7:00 am.

post-9898-0-09044400-1392296137_thumb.jp

update:

measured 4.2"

Temp dropping quick! down to 26f/23

Winds switched from NE to NNE 10G13

coming down real good!

Wow that's quite a temperature contrast between us.  I've warmed up to 19.9......I'm only 15 minutes northwest of you!  At 900', but still that's not all elevation.  It's usually only a 2-3 degree difference.  About the same snow here, a little windier though.  (no anemometer but I know it's gusting more than 13)

Here is the Edison area, we had 2" on the ground as of about 6 am, then 3" on the ground as of 7 am, when I went out to shovel and now 5" on the ground as of 8 am. Just got in from shoveling what I thought was 3" of snow, starting at 7 am, only to have 2" of snow where I had started shoveling, lol. Have rarely seen snow this heavy - 2" per hour the last hour! Wow! And at least a few more hours of this judging by the radar - we should have at least 9-10" on the ground by 11 am. 29F and the visibility is only about 1/8 mile. I know many of you hate this stuff, but the power of Mother Nature is friggin' awe-inspiring. I just wish it wouldn't change over to rain - it's just so much less fun.

PAPPG, on 13 Feb 2014 - 07:59 AM, said:snapback.png

update:

measured 4.2"

Temp dropping quick! down to 26f/23

Winds switched from NE to NNE 10G13

coming down real good!

Wow that's quite a temperature contrast between us.  I've warmed up to 19.9......I'm only 15 minutes northwest of you!  At 900', but still that's not all elevation.  It's usually only a 2-3 degree difference.  About the same snow here, a little windier though.  (no anemometer but I know it's gusting more than 13)

Actually, just dropped again to 25.8 and now 25.7! I like this trend! I am at 370ft elevation.

Here is the Edison area, we had 2" on the ground as of about 6 am, then 3" on the ground as of 7 am, when I went out to shovel and now 5" on the ground as of 8 am. Just got in from shoveling what I thought was 3" of snow, starting at 7 am, only to have 2" of snow where I had started shoveling, lol. Have rarely seen snow this heavy - 2" per hour the last hour! Wow! And at least a few more hours of this judging by the radar - we should have at least 9-10" on the ground by 11 am. 29F and the visibility is only about 1/8 mile. I know many of you hate this stuff, but the power of Mother Nature is friggin' awe-inspiring. I just wish it wouldn't change over to rain - it's just so much less fun.

Did you forget where you are, lol. I would think the opposite is true in this forum.

Archived