joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/13/2014 Major Coastal Storm Observations

Rtd208

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And right on cue, brother called me back and says sleet is starting to mix in.

That doesn't bode well - thought the snow would last much longer. Would like to at least make it to 8-9" on the front end and was hoping for a foot or so on the front end after seeing the high res models spitting out 12"+. Is it just changing to sleet but will still be sleet for several hours or is it going to go from sleet to rain quickly? Anyone know where the sleet/rain line is?

Ray, if it's anything like down here sleet mixing in might not be the end of accumulation up there. I've flipped back to heavy snow a few times...

Possible, though 1) They're more deeply embedded in the mix area (per CC) than you are and 2) it will certainly slow down accum *a lot*... plus the back edge is not too far away.

excellent, thanks...haven't been out this morning...it's cold and wet out there...

I was hoping the heavy snow would continue a little longer past daybreak here, but I am surely not complaining. Talk about over-performing (on the front end at least). As I speak it's actually snowing pretty nicely here now (in Concord Township, PA).

Archived