joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
0z Models 2/12/2014 | Potential Major Coastal Storm

user13

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like there's a tradeoff involved here. The further west, closed off solutions will have more rain obviously, but then have a much better potential back-end CCB snow event.

The further east progressive solutions will have an epic convective snow thump with thundersnow, but then the dry-slot may primarily be the end of the storm. 

What are u talking about... The 06z run was west... Then it jolted east on the 12z run by nearly 35 miles... Then back to the west on its 18z run and now back south east on its 00z... Please explain these consistent runs you see?

It's been east of most guidance since 0z last night, that's all I was saying. A lot of people here know that the NAM isn't the most reliable model. No need for the attitude.

My opinion is that the NAM is incorrectly handling the interaction between the kicker and the southern stream wave. I'll need to see the rest of the 00z suite trend to this scenario before I consider this to be possible.

Understanble under the circumstances BUT my question is if the NAM , even  when in time range, is THIS unreliable why does NWS bother running it ??! seems it has been degraded by most as a messy sloppy intellectually irrational setp child.

You can see the double QPF max. Just like the GFS. You front end and then 850 s rip.

except now on the NAM when you backlash you start at plus 8

As per nam KNYC is 6 inches max ,the NAM has caught the warm punch at the mid levels. Think this trended away from us gents

This s gona be a great NESIS storm , not all have to be great forums. The changeover line is pretty far back .

80-90% of qpf remains snow on nam verbatim. By the time the 850 line reaches NYC, they have dry slotted....

Those saying 6-10 based on .75-1 inch qpf are not taking into account that ratios may not be so hot...4-8 might be better thinking

Even if it was 6-10 for NYC Metro, this would not be too different than what the other models are showing even tho they are west and change some of us over.  I would rather go for a huge front end thump kind of storm anyway (with a possible wrap around).

Archived