SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
0z Models 2/12/2014 | Potential Major Coastal Storm

user13

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just from reading on and on, it seems that the lack of blocking and the slowing of the kicker are taking it's toll on this one. We have all seen this time and again that these scenarios tend to trend west and expect to continue now that all the players have taken the field. Wishcasting at this point is futile.

Just from reading on and on, it seems that the lack of blocking and the slowing of the kicker are taking it's toll on this one. We have all seen this time and again that these scenarios tend to trend west and expect to continue now that all the players have taken the field. Wishcasting at this point is futile.

I've also seen storms like this forecast time and time again,and then not changeover, or changeover shorter than anticipated and it ends up being a "surprise" and totals get upped at the last minute. Just have to ride it out and let the chips fall where they may.I feel okay with upton having all of LI at 6-8. 

The kicker is just now starting to show I think in the latest runs. I see little wishcasting at this point but open discussion and analysis. Right now it's any one model that could lead the way.

Hurricane hunters gathering data over Gulf of Mexico for tonight's 0Z runs

i posted this in the banter thread but i guess no qualified people have gone there recently.. but i'm just wondering what type of data are they gathering with these kinds of systems? is it the same as hurricanes where they "penetrate" something and measure, pressure, winds, rain rate, etc??

Archived