• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
East Coast winter storm, February 13th-14th, imminent (Part II)

Typhoon Tip

Yes i saw that on the gfs yesterday more so than the nam, the gfs yesterday at 12z and 18z had that almost pushing down into vt at height of storm. Looked good to me. Today at 12z that feature is still there but not as prominent

We also have some residual ridging holding to our north and/or over us as the main high retreats. At least that is what Kocin said yesterday.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's going to be a large precip shield with this. The upper level divergence spreads pretty far NW on the more amped runs which I am weighting heavier than the weaker runs (goes back to our original 75/25 Euro compromise).

There's a distinct mid-level warm front that gets almost stationary for a while over SE MA during the day on Thursday...to the NW of that it is going to rip. Also, mid-level warming to the northwest of that is probably going to be a bit less than some guidance thinks. So 'I won't be surprised if some of the profiles cool a bit even if some of the amped tracks do not change much.

Not a bad look overall to the 12z GEFS members.

f60.gif

I also think the GGEM is out to lunch on track based on this.

I saw those as well, not one GFES member has a solution like the UKMET or GGEM. Even the SREFS have some juiced and amped members (they definitely came NW at the 9z run), but the GFS members just aren't biting.

I saw those as well, not one GFES member has a solution like the UKMET or GGEM. Even the SREFS have some juiced and amped members (they definitely came NW at the 9z run), but the GFS members just aren't biting.

The GFS suite likely has no idea what it is doing...I'd put only minor weight on them right now.

On the gefs you can see this isn't just a pure retreating high pressure. That quasi omega block in e Canada seems like it could be helpful for some areas perhaps 495-128 . I would like a little more disco on this feature and how it can help out certain areas.

I thought that "bridging high connecting just n of nne was referenced as "quasi" omega block anyway. This may be what helps N'rly flow if low depend early enough

I could almost see this thing ending up a snow downer...

Just looking at this new Euro through 48 hours... that high is retreating so aggressively seaward I could almost see this thing getting usurped and needle threaded right up ALB's ass, and it turning into a joke for everyone farther east.  

No one thinks that will happen, but I don't see any reason why it can't just the same.  

Archived