• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
00z Models 2/11/2014 | Potential Major Coastal Storm

earthlight

The UK was due to have a wacky run like that, it almost always has one or two. Either way, it looks like a lot of precip falls as snow before getting too warm. Probably 75% of us would go to sleet/rain if that verified.

75 perc , no    The QPF  a head would be sizeable , that panel you go over , but with that center at AC if it ran to islip then ur done ,  but if it heads to the BM ,  that line comes Due East .     Do you forget 2011 , Some on LI got a ft  in 6 hours with a similar set up as we flipped back

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll gladly take that as it seems even the worse scenario could still drop 6"+ of snow before any changeover if not a lot more due to insane dynamics before we changeover.

I'll be ecstatic if the Euro shifts a bit further east.

The closed 500 low means that unless this goes up the Hudson River we all should get a period of snow also as it fades NE. If we get 8" of snow on crazy dynamics and then rain/dryslot for a while, I really can't complain. That's what this looks to do unless it does something absolutely crazy no model has yet.

It pretty much crushes the entire east coast, ideal track for almost everyone up the I-95 corridor.

Yeah..and the storm is stronger this run so its picking up on stronger lift and dynamic cooling.

Precip totals just eyeballing the crappy maps I have are well over 1" liquid from EWR eastward..probably a good bit more than that. 

Even for the few areas that mix and changeover, there would be a huge front end burst that would easily drop 6"+ if not 8"+ on the Canadian. Although the track is a little far west for all snow everywhere, the lift and dynamic cooling make up for it.

Remember, 1/26/11 wasn't all snow for everyone and yet the heaviest totals were in some of the areas that changed over and dryslotted.

Archived