EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
00z Models 2/11/2014 | Potential Major Coastal Storm

earthlight

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1" liquid from about Queens east and 0.75" to the Hudson River. 0.5" to I-287 and 0.25" to I-81. CCB just detonates over Long Island late Thursday on this run. This will likely trend better further south and west if the upper air presentation stays this way in future runs. It will also likely get colder if the closed 500/700/850 lows track offshore. That's as classic as it gets and is almost certainly a MECS if that verified.

1" liquid from about Queens east and 0.75" to the Hudson River. 0.5" to I-287 and 0.25" to I-81. CCB just detonates over Long Island late Thursday on this run. This will likely trend better further south and west if the upper air presentation stays this way in future runs. It will also likely get colder if the closed 500/700/850 lows track offshore. That's as classic as it gets and is almost certainly a MECS if that verified.

Here's the map...Almost a 24hour event

post-4195-0-66276300-1392091267_thumb.gi

It was nowhere near touching the NJ Coast at 12z

The 0 line on the UKIE still looks good from the river W , immediate NJ coast  , KNYC and  East , would flip for a while  , if that center comes ENE off AC  then it drags the 850`s east and they would change back . I  wish I  could see the next panel to see where the SLP ends up .

Ukie is likely still a significant amount of frozen precipitation before that surface low gets here but yeah...gets real warm. 

I'll gladly take that as it seems even the worse scenario could still drop 6"+ of snow before any changeover if not a lot more due to insane dynamics before we changeover.

I'll be ecstatic if the Euro shifts a bit further east.

Archived