Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
00z Models 2/11/2014 | Potential Major Coastal Storm

earthlight

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're trending more west already and the true realization of sampling isn't even happening til the 12z's. By then (maybe even 6z's) the GFS will start caving towards the other models...

Thank you. Glad to be part of this forum. I see a lot of you here from a previous forum I was on a few years ago. Jm, wig, earth.... Glad I found you guys again.

Would be a fabulous public service if someone knowledgable summarized the outputs for the major models from 0Z, after the Euro comes out, maybe noting general track and qpf in a few key spots (maybe Morristown, NYC, LI) and if major mixing or a changeover is expected and where.  I'm sure everyone would be forever grateful...  :>)

UKMET has 30mm of precip in NYC by the time 850mb temps crack just above 0c before 0z Friday.

http://meteocentre.com/models/get_mgram.php?stn=NewYork&mod=ukmet&run=00&var=std〈=en&map=us

That's about 1.2" liquid that looks to be mostly snow. So even the tucked in lows are generating tremendous snow amounts.

Wow that's pretty crazy.

JMA/UKMET/NAVGEM are all warm.

GGEM looks great

SN_000-120_0000.gif

UKMET dumps well over an inch of liquid in NYC most likely before there is one sleet pellet or raindrop. The tucked in solutions may be warmer for a time but also come with crazy dynamics to make for heavy snow. This is trending very well for almost all of us. We can still have a great storm without 100% of it being snow. It won't be to this extreme but 2/8/13 wasn't all snow for Suffolk County but some of them had well over 2 feet in the end.

Archived