• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
00z Models 2/11/2014 | Potential Major Coastal Storm

earthlight

This is a thread for model discussion tonight. Please keep your posts to a high quality with analysis/info. IMBY or irrelevant posts will be deleted and repeat offenders suspended.

Thanks guys. Wishing you all feet and feet of snow.

SREF: 8:20

NAM: 9:00

GFS: 10:30

RGEM: 10:45

CMC: 11:00

GEFS: 12:00

ECMWF: 1230

ECMWF ENS: 3:00

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The spread is left and heavily so. That being said the mean remains only a tick west of it's previous run. So we will have to see.

850 0c stays safely east of the city for the entirety.

John did you see how warm the surface is, The 0 line gets to NW NJ @72...I doubt it can see the dynamic cooling at this range or the low level cold air.

Not really a big deal..it can snow at 32-33 F. And given the range we're at I care even less than I already would.

I have 8" of 32 degree snow in my back yard for a week now...there is always a chance for a change over to ice or rain in situations like this but if the low is se of NYC and moving ne it will be snow...especially this time of year...

John did you see how warm the surface is, The 0 line gets to NW NJ @72...I doubt it can see the dynamic cooling at this range or the low level cold air.

Although the surface is "warm" this thing is so wrapped and tucked I dont see it happening. I think 10 miles south of fire island is as far north as that 850 line makes it.

Just glancing at the 24 hour NAM compared to 18z, there are still some pretty significant changes going on from run to run. This is why it's usually prudent to use the ensemble mean trends instead of basing expectations and hopes off of OP runs.

Anyway, it looks farther south with the confluent flow over the Northeast through 24 hours.

Archived