Newest Member
    EWR757
00z Models 2/11/2014 | Potential Major Coastal Storm

earthlight

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shift east  850`s on the coast - 4  to  -6 ,  It`s the 1st run of the 0z  suite

This was at OBX then outside of the Delmarva about to about 75 miles E of AC .  I see .75 to KNYC

1 inch into Monmouth County .

Remember its one OP run 50 hours out , lets take a blend tonite and look for continuity .

The NAM goes west at 18z, and then comes back east at 00z...and we have people calling it a "trend". Do I need to post the definition of the word trend in here?

Maybe not a trend, but that's some interesting changes on the NAM, even through the first 24 hours. and the fact that it keeps it POS tilt all the way to the coast is a big change from rest of the earlier guidance. 

Better sampling? or the nam being the NAm? Surprising too, bc the the sref's had a lot of lean to the NW of the mean.

PS, radio show FTL :whistle:

Maybe not a trend, but that's some interesting changes on the NAM, even through the first 24 hours. and the fact that it keeps it POS tilt all the way to the coast is a big change from rest of the earlier guidance. 

Better sampling? or the nam being the NAm? Surprising too, bc the the sref's had a lot of lean to the NW of the mean.

The 12z runs were suggesting much more amplification and negative tilt earlier.  I wouldn't throw myself to one side of the ring just yet.

I love a good snow but the setup is warm. Snow to start, chances of an all snow event are slim. When the warm wins is the question

Yea but it depends on the track.  You would be correct with a Euro Ensembles kind of track, perhaps a mix with Euro Op.  The other models are pretty much an all snow event (NYC).

I wouldn't panic at all over a NAM run. Wait until later for the more reliable models and then tomorrow at 12z, at that point after all players have been sampled well, we should have a better idea. But it's certainly possible that the kicker has more of an influence on the coastal low and nudges it NE as it impinges on the NW precip flank, we'll have to see once it all has been sampled.

There's to much wish casting going on... We get that some folks here want an eastern

Track and those of us in the NW burbs want a western track but let's call it like it is.. The nam went from east at 12z less amped, to west at 18z and amped, then backed off at 00z and back east... Anyone taking the nam serious over 50 hrs out right now is nuts.

The snow maps on SV show little accumulations. Well under warning criteria and virtually nothing out in the far NW areas. That's the product of terrible ratios.

It would be a sloppy wet snow at 32-33 around the city and coast. The ratios would be poor but there would certainly be accumulations from 0.75-1.25" liquid equivalent at that temp. The storm last Monday had the exact same conditions and dumped 7-9" of snow here.

Yea but it depends on the track.  You would be correct with a Euro Ensembles kind of track, perhaps a mix with Euro Op.  The other models are pretty much an all snow event (NYC).

History puts this as a change. Hard to get a "BIG" dump on the coast with this set up. Marginal temps = warm air in as she ramps up. Trust me, I want a historical storm but...

Archived