Newest Member
    joxey
The Big One - Observation

JoshM

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Harv311

Moderate to occasionally heavy snow here just south of 85 in Mauldin/Greenville... temp is 33.

huge flakes in INT winston salem

People please post where you are located

Hopefully next storm we won't have to but I'm sure we still will have to every single post (which gets old for those of us who have posted our location numerous times throughout a thread).  Heavier stuff pivoting in now in Mt Holly, +SN, if I can stay in rates like this I think a total of 3" with this ULL is possible.  I'd say I'm at an inch since this began, haven't measured.

Yep and it's dripping off gutter and trees because we r sitting in low 30s. Have a solid snow / sleet pack. Couple of inches on top would be awesome but I'm growing concerned at this unexpected trend.

This is not an unexpected trend!!!  As the upper low rotates through, precip will fill in coverage. I fully expect snow to start breaking out around lunch time and it could be heavy at times. 

I still have light frz rain here, but just a few miles to my west it's snowing...waiting for the heavier returns...

Looks like there's some precip breaking out over the mountains (Boone) on the GSP radar. Looks to be connecting the band we have here in the piedmont with the line up to the north in Kentucky/Virginia. Not sure if that's gonna happen and give another round to the northern counties.. but i could hope :)

Meanwhile still moderate snow coming down here in Alexander County, we've been just slightly N of the heaviest bands to our S and SE.

This is not an unexpected trend!!! As the upper low rotates through, precip will fill in coverage. I fully expect snow to start breaking out around lunch time and it could be heavy at times.

I still have light frz rain here, but just a few miles to my west it's snowing...waiting for the heavier returns...

Looks like we are right on the zero line at 850 right now. Looking forward to the changeover!

Archived