• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Remember Nemo! February 8-9th 2013 Blizzard - 1 yr ago

Bostonseminole

No dryslot to worry about in that one unless you were on the outer cape/islands. Perfect mid-level center track and oreintation for SNE...having it's max intenficiation occur to the south of MVY/BID.

Just textbook. That storm saved my mental health that winter. :lol:

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No dryslot to worry about in that one unless you were on the outer cape/islands. Perfect mid-level center track and oreintation for SNE...having it's max intenficiation occur to the south of MVY/BID.

Luckily we were able to get a decent snow from the first part of the system up here...ended up with 12" from what turned out to be a blocked SE flow.  That at least provided the extra orographic enhancement on the east side of the Spine (while downsloping the west slope)...so as far as missing out on the big snows, getting a foot is at least a consultation prize when some other major SNE storms can leave us with a D-2" haha.

nemosnow.jpg

One last picture...what a beast.

Satellite as Nemo moves off to the east on Saturday, Feb 9th.

nemosat.jpg

Finished with about 22-25 inches here. Never got into any historic banding, but consistently saw 3+" hour snows.

Still can see damage around the neighborhood because of how heavy the snow was at the beginning.

I had probably almost 60% of my snow from 8-1pm.. It went ape sh*t during that time.

https://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu/GIS/apps/rview/warnings.phtml

Several things.though. You must choose radar location. Make sure you set in in archive mode. Choose java script to loop.

That is pretty sweet thanks. Can make some massive 1-2 day loops of entire storms. Sweet.

Does anyone know if there are any radar websites that save composite radar loops? Most only have base level scans. I just ask as composite is the most relevant here, especially in orographic situations where the low level beams are blocked by the mountains. BTV probably has the least useful base .5 degree scan of any radar site.

Just figured out how to save a freakin' massive loop as a .gif on that website... awesome.  You can just go through and save every storm you are curious about.

Like here I saved and uploaded the entire Valentines Day 2007 loop out of the BTV area.  Thanks Coastal for that link.  Pretty cool.  Gives me something to waste time on today, haha.

http://www.backtotheearthgroup.com/scottb/Weather13_14/Valentines%20Day%202007%20Radar%20Loop.gif

Just figured out how to save a freakin' massive loop as a .gif on that website... awesome. You can just go through and save every storm you are curious about.

Like here I saved and uploaded the entire Valentines Day 2007 loop out of the BTV area. Thanks Coastal for that link. Pretty cool. Gives me something to waste time on today, haha.

http://www.backtotheearthgroup.com/scottb/Weather13_14/Valentines%20Day%202007%20Radar%20Loop.gif

Excuse me sir, I believe you have the wrong thread.

That is pretty sweet thanks. Can make some massive 1-2 day loops of entire storms. Sweet.

Does anyone know if there are any radar websites that save composite radar loops? Most only have base level scans. I just ask as composite is the most relevant here, especially in orographic situations where the low level beams are blocked by the mountains. BTV probably has the least useful base .5 degree scan of any radar site.

Just plot your dates, region, and number of frames and sit back for a few hours - awesome site.

http://www2.mmm.ucar.edu/imagearchive/

• 1 year later...

24 here. So close to the 34 just SE of here but nevertheless amazing. Just a classic building storm, model run after model run on the Euro crushing BOS with like 2-3" QPF with the inept GFS running east and weak right to go time. The NAM suckered in NYC folks printing out like 36" the day before the storm. Arctic sand and steady light to mod snow to start with lousy snow growth until the deathband that will forever be etched in the minds of CT weanies began its slow pivot across the state, the most impressive winter radar presentation I have ever witnessed. Seeing the eye of that beast on visible Satellite the next morning and looking at the massive drifts, I knew that we had witnessed history.

Not only did I live where the band hit, I had the audacity to go out and clear driveways right as it hit. Unbelievable experience. We got a foot in the time it took to drive across Willington! After finishing my last driveway in South Willington I plowed rt 32 to help a stuck police officer. By the time I got up rt 74 toward the Ashford line the snow was so deep I was plowing it with my plow completely raised and beaching my truck on it.

I've driven in whiteout conditions before but that was unreal. Thunder and what seemed like rain mixing in with ice chucks and snow flakes the size of snowballs at the peak of insanity.

about 22 here, we only had about two inches before the ccb ( i had originally posted 24 but upon further review I was a bit too high and I will be dammed if i over report a snow event)....vast majority fell in about six hours and then an inch or two after that...i do think some parts of spfd under reported by an inch or so but about as big as a storm can be in these parts

that map posted is way too high in the hv

That band in CT hit me about 9PM and I remember going out in it to experience it and there was such happening dynamically that there was hail mixed it.  I was confused at first because I thought sleet was mixing in but it was just pouring snow and the hail would hit you like a rock with the wind.  It was short lived (about an hour or so for me) but well worth experiencing.

I had 26.1" and it snowed for 26 hours.  I love those long duration events!

Archived