• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Remember Nemo! February 8-9th 2013 Blizzard - 1 yr ago

Bostonseminole

This may get people mad but i believe Nemo was better than Juno due to the fact that Juno underperformed as compared to modeling (30 plus was not as widespread) while Nemo overperformed with a greater area of 30 thank modeled

I think that's subjective as there are many metrics to gauge storms. 

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This may get people mad but i believe Nemo was better than Juno due to the fact that Juno underperformed as compared to modeling (30 plus was not as widespread) while Nemo overperformed with a greater area of 30 thank modeled

no one will get mad at you in CT that's for sure. In Connecticut there's just no comparison.

It had definitely formed already but was down by Delaware. The NAM just had to pick the track.

I'm not sure what you mean...that CT band really didn't originate in it's uber-intense form until the storm was starting to mature to our southeast that evening.

The CCB was already developing down by Delaware or just offshore.

I'm not sure what you mean...that CT band really didn't originate in it's uber-intense form until the storm was starting to mature to our southeast that evening.

The CCB was already developing down by Delaware or just offshore.

I thought it was all the same band, but I take your word for it if it just looked like it

I thought it was all the same band, but I take your word for it if it just looked like it

I see what you are saying...it's essentially just the CCB core and banding will tend to regenerate over the area of best ML fronto...so as it propagates up the coast, it can look like one continuous band if the ML fronto if in a consistent spot.

The CT band intensified much more than further south and also compared to further northeast...one of the reasons that event was so special down there.

I see what you are saying...it's essentially just the CCB core and banding will tend to regenerate over the area of best ML fronto...so as it propagates up the coast, it can look like one continuous band if the ML fronto if in a consistent spot.

The CT band intensified much more than further south and also compared to further northeast...one of the reasons that event was so special down there.

Where does it rank for you personally?

It's my top storm that can remember, but the one thing that bugs me about it is that it happened so late. I stayed up for that mega band but I fell asleep before it pivoted back from central CT.

The other thing that was cool is that it kept snowing for what seemed like forever. It's like the last band just slowly dissolved over my head.

Where does it rank for you personally?

It's my top storm that can remember, but the one thing that bugs me about it is that it happened so late. I stayed up for that mega band but I fell asleep before it pivoted back from central CT.

The other thing that was cool is that it kept snowing for what seemed like forever. It's like the last band just slowly dissolved over my head.

That was a great storm...probably #3 on my personal list behind December 1992 and April 1997. Last year's January blizzard was close...we actually got more snow in last year's blizzard vs Feb 2013 (34.5" vs 28.7") but I thought Feb 2013 was a better storm...it had higher winds and a more "true blizzard" feel to it vs last year. January 2005 had a true blizzard feel to it as well.

In Norwalk i was actually west of the main band. My father lives in Fairfield 2 towns east and ended up with 35 inches. We "missed" the band and still ended up with 22 inches. Amazing storm.

In Norwalk i was actually west of the main band. My father lives in Fairfield 2 towns east and ended up with 35 inches. We "missed" the band and still ended up with 22 inches. Amazing storm.

True sign of a beast when you miss the best stuff by 15 miles and still end up with 2ft.

I wish someone here has a video of what the crush band looked and felt like.

True sign of a beast when you miss the best stuff by 15 miles and still end up with 2ft.

I wish someone here has a video of what the crush band looked and felt like.

Another amazing fact is the 22 inch line went all the way to the NYC boarder in Yonkers. If u get a chance look at the NOAA totals for the storm and the consistency of 22 inches in every town is amazing. I think the Bronx section of NYC even got about 16.

Archived