• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
February Medium/Long Range Disco 2

WinterWxLuvr

It will be interesting to see what the euro ensembles show for the d9-10 timeframe. Last night had just a few snowy members but the precip is there. 

There was decent agreement for monday night though. Mostly a light event on the ind members. 2"+/- on the means. But that seems to be changing across all guidance. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will be interesting to see what the euro ensembles show for the d9-10 timeframe. Last night had just a few snowy members but the precip is there. 

There was decent agreement for monday night though. Mostly a light event on the ind members. 2"+/- on the means. But that seems to be changing across all guidance. 

Is that Increasing or decreasing across guidance

Just based on the mean, we go into a stable cold pattern around the 24th 

Just based on the mean, we go into a stable cold pattern around the 24th 

Just look at the temp anoms and h5 anoms. From the 24th straight through Mar 2nd is below normal. Some really cold days in there for late feb. All the way down to the deep se as well. 850 zero line is south of atlanta for a few days. we get close to -15 850's. That's pretty chilly approaching march. 

The fly in the ointment is dry on the means. Not a lot of precip after we flip cold. Hardly anything to worry about though. If we have a week of stable cold it won't be completely dry. 

Euro has the day 9 storm...very nice looking.... gulf low, coastal....

Verbatim, would be a snow storm NC/VA and maybe sneaking into southern MD.  Exactly where you want it at this point.  ;)     The important point is that it has players (fresh cold air/stalled front to our south/wave of low pressure riding the front) on the field for the 24th-25th  time period.  This active tracking winter continues.

MDstorm

Torch seems to be hitting the phail button. Gfs now interested in the d8-9 period. Sorry Mattie

I'm not at all surprised. As long as the warmup doesn't give way to 35, dry, and windy, I'll grudgingly accept it.

Interesting that both the Euro and GFS seem to be advertising a similar boundary-riding wave train look around the 24th or so. The cold doesn't want to be denied.

Euro has the day 9 storm...very nice looking.... gulf low, coastal....

Mslp anom panels show a general outline for a classic track so there is some support there. There's a lot of spread of course but enough members show it to show up on the means at a pretty long lead. Maybe the euro will score another long distance win.

I'm a bit pessimistic because we typically don't go from a warm to cool pattern with a big snow storm. Seems like we always need some time after a cooldown to get things right.

Torch seems to be hitting the phail button. Gfs now interested in the d8-9 period. Sorry Mattie

Canadian ensembles never liked it and never had us very warm

last night's map is nothing more than a warm average regime over the next 10 day, and considering most of the days in that period include our "torch", phail is a phair phigure of speech

http://weather.gc.ca/ensemble/tenday_e.html

Mslp anom panels show a general outline for a classic track so there is some support there. There's a lot of spread of course but enough members show it to show up on the means at a pretty long lead. Maybe the euro will score another long distance win.

I'm a bit pessimistic because we typically don't go from a warm to cool pattern with a big snow storm. Seems like we always need some time after a cooldown to get things right.

GFS in la la land is ditching idea of 2/24 storm and now is keying on 2/26-27 time period. May be more in line with your thinking of a later threat period. Anyway, it does look cold starting on the 24th.

MDstorm

Canadian ensembles never liked it and never had us very warm

last night's map is nothing more than a warm average regime over the next 10 day, and considering most of the days in that period include our "torch", phail is a phair phigure of speech

http://weather.gc.ca/ensemble/tenday_e.html

Philosophically Phascinating. Phar Phlung idea appears the Phast warmup.

Verbatim, would be a snow storm NC/VA and maybe sneaking into southern MD.  Exactly where you want it at this point.  ;)     The important point is that it has players (fresh cold air/stalled front to our south/wave of low pressure riding the front) on the field for the 24th-25th  time period.  This active tracking winter continues.

MDstorm

It's 2-4" for DC verbatim

GFS in la la land is ditching idea of 2/24 storm and now is keying on 2/26-27 time period. May be more in line with your thinking of a later threat period. Anyway, it does look cold starting on the 24th.

MDstorm

In my opinion, you want a few days between it getting cold and a precip event. Bob mentions this above. 

The thing that interests me about the last few ECMWF runs, and even the EPS, is there's a really nice gradient somewhere in the SE. With a gradient as tight as modeled, 80° to 40° over 175 miles from Myrtle Beach to Greensboro, you're almost guaranteed to have a storm develop along that. 

I'll take my chances with that setup as it's more likely to give MBY a big snow than a miller A.

Just so it's warm this coming week. I don't much care about the following week.

I'm pretty confident this spring is going to be annoyingly cool and wet. Though I just hug persistence until it breaks. I guess we are due for a break.

Lots of snowstorm analogs showing up in 6-10/11-15 range....Just off the top of my head I recognized 6

It's an interesting look on the means. Really amplified for a couple days. No atlantic help but I could see something happen on the bookends of wax/wane. I'm favoring the latter but very interested in early next week either way.

Archived