joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 3rd Snowstorm Obs

Ralph Wiggum

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the majority of the posters in this forum that are in SEPA (not extreme sepa).

2" now, and this is the heaviest I have seen it come down all year (for the past couple of years).

It's incredible outside with the mod snow sticking to everything!

Horsham, PA as well....2 -3 " currently . I would think easily 6"+ by noon then additional amounts. 

Actually, heaviest rates are probably through 10AM or so and then it will begin to decrease.

Decreasing from 1.5+"/hour down to roughly 1"/hour by noon is still 1"/hour rates, and I will gladly take it.  What time does it seem to be out of here by (other than going back to light snow after noon)?  3-4? 

All Snow here in Media switched over around 7:15AM call it moderate to heavy here now with just over an inch of all surfaces covered.

It went from driving steady rain to white in about 20 minutes it is currently 32 now.

Quite a training  band setting up now Northern Maryland to Chester County to  Delaware County through Philadelphia points east all moving off to the east northeast.

All Snow here in Media switched over around 7:15AM call it moderate to heavy here now with just over an inch of all surfaces covered.

It went from driving steady rain to white in about 20 minutes it is currently 32 now.

Quite a training  band setting up now Northern Maryland to Chester County to  Delaware County through Philadelphia points east all moving off to the east northeast.

That's all bright-banding along the change-over line.

Agreed 100%, pretty easily at 1"/hour rates and it should stay sustained until noon.  And it's picking up the pace now too, mod-heavy falling at 33.5*.

Looking at radar and such I could see a 8-10"+ event when all is said and done. Basically sheets of snow falling for the future several hours...

Archived