joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter

Vol Man

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tnweathernut, been trying to, just hard to focus with all the excitment surrounding this upcoming system! I think I have an addiction right right now. lol You are right though, if I get it out the way and it does come a big one at least I can enjoy it. Think I am going to have to cut myself off the internet for a few hours...

Oh sweet, another radio show tonight!  We need some TN Valley people to call in this time.  Who's gonna go for it?

Stove, would a good question be "Just how much snow wil fall on the northeast side of Church Hill, TN? Say, somewhere around the Courthouse?" :whistle:

On a more humorless aside...my work's new anti-fun software now blocks any images posted on the forum! I have to go to my phone to see any maps during work hours now. Don't they understand that having to go between devices only causes me to waste MORE time?

Post of the thread so far:

I don't see it as ostrich...it is just not clear yet, and I don't think they are doing a bad job...there is still plenty of time. And I can definitely see between the 00Z Euro and GFS why caution is in order....

Let your heart not be troubled. If needed you can pop over to NC on I-26. Jealous!

Hi yall, first post! 

The models showing some good stuff for Johnson City? I'm kinda worried that it will go too far east. I need this guys. Tons of hw due on Thursday and a huge winter storm wednesday would greatly help my stress levels. haha 

For those curious Alan Huffman put thoughts on Southeast: Pinned thread Page 19 Post 632. He is for a stronger system but ejecting offshore; not so great for Tenn.

My own forecast thinking has not changed much since my real post in our Pinned thread. Time for some Chattanooga Civil War fun. Battle Above the Clouds took place on Lookout Mountain. We have an 850 temperature fight. Actually it is worse lower, about 1,300 FT like Lookout Mountain. Battle Above the Clouds II - movie at 11 Wednesday! :drunk:

Please keep all comments "on point" in the discussion thread.  If you don't know what "storm mode" is I would highly recommend you read about it and post accordingly.  There is a VERY short leash when we go into storm mode as it relates to posting. If your posts disappear, don't ask where they went, just assume they were not on topic or better put...........in the right place.  Backyard posts will be the first to go.  There will be PLENTY of discussion and maps posted, which should give you a good idea as to what latest models are indicating.  Happy tracking ALL.

Please keep all comments "on point" in the discussion thread. If you don't know what "storm mode" is I would highly recommend you read about it and post accordingly. There is a VERY short leash when we go into storm mode as it relates to posting. If your posts disappear, don't ask where they went, just assume they were not on topic or better put...........in the right place. Backyard posts will be the first to go. There will be PLENTY of discussion and maps posted, which should give you a good idea as to what latest models are indicating. Happy tracking ALL.

I am not seeing a lot of that from anybody....why the heavy hand!!!!!!!!!! Short leash....Come on. Bit much.

I am not seeing a lot of that from anybody....why the heavy hand!!!!!!!!!! Short leash....Come on. Bit much.

LOL, you don't see any b/c I removed a bunch of them.........   It's just orders from the top!  I just wanted that post to come out firm, not prickish.......I am very laid back, but just wanted everyone to know if something was removed, it was b/c of our "storm mode"  If anyone wants to discuss anything, I am happy to answer pm's. 

So what is not supposed to be allowed in this thread? Am I wrong in assuming that this thread is meant for casual discussions? Plans with kids and what not if does snow? Or has this thread turned serious now as well? Not that I am trying to bring a bunch of rubbish, just trying to get some guidelines.

Last night, I think after most of you went to bed, someone posted a grid in the SE Forum with the models' verification for January and early February. I'll try to find it. I believe the Euro was 1st and the GFS was 3rd. I was reading three threads there last night and a few were arguing over which model had been best this year.

If I find it, can I copy posts and even free maps from there, if I give credit to that poster? Also, if that's ok, do I put it in the storm thread or in here to be safe?

Also, except for John, I'll probably be on my own late tonight and I can use the Cobb Data and one other place that gives the model data in tabular form and hope it's right. There isn't anything like that for the Euro is there (that's available to the public)? I can read in the SE Forum, but it's not usually applicable for here and I don't want to ask even in their storm banter thread since we have a forum here.

I just caught up here and what a wild ride of emotions. I'm crossing my fingers for the Euro from this afternoon.

John, if you're up tonight, check this thread because I may have questions. :)

Archived