joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter

Vol Man

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We clearly have a trend on the GFS.  18z looks good!  NAM is making baby steps but to me things are coming together in our favor not against it in East TN.

Yes, I agree wrt trends on the GFS. You can argue the trends for the EURO have been equally as good, really beefing up amounts over the last three runs.  Is it right, I don't know, but it would certainly lead you to believe something BIG is quite possible.

tnweathernut, I found the verification graph that I asked about copying a few posts above. It was posted by packbacker in the "Burns' Big Banter" thread in the SE Forum # 331. If it's not ok to copy, but cite, just delete this for me and I'll know that's against the rules. I know some of you can't stay up all night and there are interesting things I can copy/cite here, but I don't know if it's allowed. Thanks.

cor_day3_HGT_P500_G2NHX.png

Stovepipe, the GFS maps you post are all snow? Or it is total precip and you have to look at temps to determine which type it is?

Those maps are snow at a 10:1 ratio.  I'm thinking what we get will be considerably lower ratio, maybe 7:1 or so which would mean cutting those clown totals some.  Then if Cobb is to be believed, the totals on the GFS clown are way high.  I guess we'll see.

Thanks, Stovepipe. I've decided I'll be happy if we just get 2-3". That would be two decent snows in one winter which would beat what we've had lately. Even then, I don't know how long it will stay before melting this time, so I may start drinking coffee and trying John's two hours a night sleep.

Thanks, Stovepipe. I've decided I'll be happy if we just get 2-3". That would be two decent snows in one winter which would beat what we've had lately. Even then, I don't know how long it will stay before melting this time, so I may start drinking coffee and trying John's two hours a night sleep.

Honestly, I'll be ecstatic with 2 or 3 wet inches of snow and some big ol fat flakes falling.  That will be enough to make some snowmen which is something we've not been able to do for a long time.  :)

Is it against The religion if a TV met to go against the NAM and GFS? lol, I swear the downplaying is comical sometimes.

Mark Reynolds..... "latest modeling is east". Really? What could he have possibly looked at in time for his forecast to give him that impression?

Thought the same thing. Shocked he didn't break out the VIPIR model to show the LP 200 miles off the coast, lol.

Good news fellas! At freezing now, and the precip is going to get here earlier than expected. Wasn't supposed to start until about 2:00 A.M but the moisture is already in Florence, Alabama. Let's hope it stays together and doesn't break up!

Good luck, would love to see you get a few inches out of this. That will actually help you hold down temps for the next round too.

You're not alone Stove! A lot of us staying up for the Euro tonight. Gonna be some tired folks at work tomorrow! LOL

I have an 8:15 class in the morning and a 7:00 class at night tomorrow. The darn 7:00 class is the only thing preventing me from pulling an all-nighter tonight. At least the board shouldn't crash for the Euro...

John I was looking at the moon earlier too.  It is my understanding the bright dot next to the moon is Jupiter!

Yeah you and John are right!

post-6441-0-84396300-1392097964_thumb.jp

This app called Sky Guide is awesome! It shows you exactly what stars you are looking at using your phone's compass and GPS. It also gives information about each star and constellations. Y'all should check it out!

Yeah you and John are right!

This app called Sky Guide is awesome! It shows you exactly what stars you are looking at using your phone's compass and GPS. It also gives information about each star and constellations. Y'all should check it out!

SkyView and Star Walk are similar and also great apps.  :)

Archived