joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter

Vol Man

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Latest rap shows precip in ne tn by 10am, but no qpf till 2. Is 5 hours of virga realistic?

I've saw it happen before. For whatever reason I am seeing the dreaded  "dry boundry layer" crop up in AFD. 

Usually with Gulf systems saturation happens faster. North of 40 the best snow will happen probably between 5 pm and 2 am my way and probably 6 pm and 9am your way.

I scrolled page by page looking for an RGEM that showed the amounts grid for the snow. I got all the way to page five. It's been very consistent each time it's been posted.

The Weather Channel "on the eights" for Knoxville just showed our WSW and then said one inch expected again. Unless this turns to rain, I hope people aren't going by that. Their own map shows 3-5".

No Jax! Is it not making it to you at all?

Re: Hinkin - I hope his model is wrong, but if it's showing something so different than everyone else, they need a new model.

We live in Williamson county.If you live S of I-40 you are in the no snow zone.Not sure why but it's been like this for three years now.Hopefully we can squeeze .25 out,that's what we've had this year.But i'm sure it find away to stay away.

Looks great for Chattanooga! I hope it happens. I can't even read the shades of blue. Not enough experience, I guess. Maybe 4 inches in Knox? I think there's room for you to send that a little north! And it does say Chattanooga now under your name.

- John, that's getting closer to a good snow for you.

I was telling my ex-husband about how pretty it is up near Erwin today. He said he'd ride up there with me Thursday if I wanted to. Do you all think we'd get stuck anywhere? The roads should be fine, I'd think with the temps. I'd be so tempted to show him up those mountain roads past Rock Creek(??), though, and I don't even know if I could find my way there now.

It's very similar to the 0z Euro. Just set an alarm to wake and look at it. Now.....back to bed. lol.

You mean 12z. So, did it hold serve? Looks like the precip shield is a tad east but low still tracks inland same spot. I will take the inland track and let the precip take care of itself. Major win for the Euro if this happens....

Archived