• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
1/28 - 1/30 Storm Thread II

burgertime

i would love to see this trend up that way for snow, so I can get in the sleet line.  I'd love to have my snow undercut with sleet.  Probably the only one but there you are.  Things still in play, I'd say, could be a bust for us, could get better :)  I'm waiting to see Goofy at midnight before I let the excitement creep in...I remember too vividly what happen in 73.  Weather will put in the shrive, and give it a twist, and laugh at you :)  Best to expect to get screwed, lol.  T

Atlanta was still recovering from the massive ice storm about a month before in January, we honestly did not need 16 inches of snow after that. I did not have power for 15 days.  I still feel Midtown and S and SE ward will get at least an inch or two.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a tidbit from the NWS at Charleston:

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

NOW IS THE TIME TO PREPARE FOR THIS WINTER STORM. ONCE THE STORM
BEGINS...CONDITIONS WILL DETERIORATE RAPIDLY AND TRAVEL WILL
BECOME DANGEROUS OR IMPOSSIBLE. PREPARE TO REMAIN IN A SAFE
SHELTER WITHOUT ELECTRICITY FOR SEVERAL DAYS. OBTAIN VITAL
SUPPLIES SUCH AS POTABLE WATER...NON-PERISHABLE FOOD...MEDICINE...
BATTERIES...FLASHLIGHTS...A BATTERY POWERED RADIO AND AN ALTERNATE
HEAT SOURCE SUCH AS A GENERATOR...NON- ELECTRIC SPACE HEATER OR
WOOD FOR YOUR FIREPLACE.

Atlanta was still recovering from the massive ice storm about a month before in January, we honestly did not need 16 inches of snow after that. I did not have power for 15 days.  I still feel Midtown and S and SE ward will get at least an inch or two.

Sorry, I'm hard core.  I was living in Buckhead, and would have given anything to see  that much snow the day after the ice storm.  Would have only been fitting for how much I suffered from the zmonster :)  I expect Marietta will see some snow this time.  This hasn't been written yet.  Every map I see gets me closer to the glory.  One I just looked at had the best bumbing off  the bottom of the county.  0z's will tell the tale.  T

around 0.75 here through 69.  This is such a huge change in every regard, I'd be cautious to jump all over it. So much faster with the southern system and having it interact with the northern stream when it was already considered to be on the fast side via wpc

Archived