joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 21 Event

Poimen

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, it's not better than 18z. There is less 0.25" or greater precip across northern NC and in general, precip totals are less. The low is a little weaker and a little further offshore, albeit a little slower.

The run is better for the coastal plain and sandhill areas. Higher qpf than the 18

A Virginia special, maybe a lot of NC also.

Further investigation of the new NAM run. It shows an 850 low pressure in southern Virginia by midday Tuesday. This is a GREAT sign if you want to see heavy or moderate snow. This favors Richmond highly...with moderate to heavy period of snow. IF the NAM is right. It warms central NC midday though, but turns them to snow as well. The trend is certainly stronger and more developed on this clipper.
2" to 5" of snow is possible by evening Tuesday in central Virginia.
‪#‎vawx‬ ‪#‎ncwx‬ ‪#‎mdwx‬ ‪#‎dewx‬ ‪#‎ricwx‬

A Virginia special, maybe N.NC also.

Further investigation of the new NAM run. It shows an 850 low pressure in southern Virginia by midday Tuesday. This is a GREAT sign if you want to see heavy or moderate snow. This favors Richmond highly...with moderate to heavy period of snow. IF the NAM is right. It warms central NC midday though, but turns them to snow as well. The trend is certainly stronger and more developed on this clipper.

If the NAM is right, alot of NC gets in on the action, not just N NC

A Virginia special, maybe N.NC also.

Wxrisk has been showing some of the same.Likr yourself i'm more than ready for snow.

This is probably more like what I except. I'm in the Grey :axe:

First thoughts on Tuesday system. *Snow ratios are not factored into this forecast just yet, latest NAM suggest temperatures near 20-24 degree's as snow is falling near and around Richmond and into the mid to upper 20's into parts of North Carolina. This will certainly raise snow ratio's and could be dealing with more snow accumulations in these areas. I will look over model runs tomorrow to determine the snow ratio's and then i will post my final forecast on the 18z set(Around 4:30 pm)

Grey- Dusting -1"
White- 1"-2"
Light Blue 2"-4"
Blue- 4"-7"

1014394_600625713351742_1800997228_n.jpg

First thoughts on Tuesday system. *Snow ratios are not factored into this forecast just yet, latest NAM suggest temperatures near 20-24 degree's as snow is falling near and around Richmond and into the mid to upper 20's into parts of North Carolina. This will certainly raise snow ratio's and could be dealing with more snow accumulations in these areas. I will look over model runs tomorrow to determine the snow ratio's and then i will post my final forecast on the 18z set(Around 4:30 pm)

Grey- Dusting -1"

White- 1"-2"

Light Blue 2"-4"

Blue- 4"-7"

Who is rapid wx? But hey I'll take it.

If anything.... I sure hope this is an "overperformer" like some of these rain events have been.

The 21z SREF drops .25 from HKY to Greensboro, quickly goes up as you head north. I know nobody cares about DCA but I thought it was interesting 7 of the 22 members dropped a foot or more there. It's close to blowing up if we get a trend southward it's possible the QPF continues to trend upward.

Grey- Dusting -1"

White- 1"-2"

Light Blue 2"-4"

Blue- 4"-7"

You may want to relook at his snow map.It has us inthe ligh blue 2-4.I don't have access to bring his map but when I looked it has us in light blue.

Yes indeed Grit. we talked about this earlier, it's basically going over our head, MBY could use a 40-90 mile shift south just to put down any doubts and turn this into a few inches instead of a half inch. Be interesting to see if the GFS has a seat at the table tonight. last model left out there killing any chance for a flurry / flake here.

If that vort comes in over the Apps, I don't see anyway for us on the Lee side getting anything it just dries very thing out east of us triad on east will have a decent shot. I've only see a few times, where a clipper type storm gives us a decent snow. But if the vort drops south of us game on.

WxSouth on Facebook talked about the clipper in 03 that was just supposed to drop a couple inches in some places and it did a lot more, including 10 to 12 in the foothills and mountains. Said this one was similar. Not calling for that, but saying how things could be surprising. And this clipper is around the same date as the 03 one.

Archived