joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 21 Event

Poimen

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If that vort comes in over the Apps, I don't see anyway for us on the Lee side getting anything it just dries very thing out east of us triad on east will have a decent shot. I've only see a few times, where a clipper type storm gives us a decent snow. But if the vort drops south of us game on.

Did you get anything last wednesday night? Jast asking .Our ground was covered good dusting.No not a big deal but it was a clipper.Just saying these thing can produce.And as cold as it forcasted to be higher ratio could be possible too.

The SREF plumes are pretty awesome tonight.  They show a mean of 3.14" at GSO and 2.94" at RDU with almost all members showing accumulating snow.  It's probably overdone, but still.

The mean is close to 9" in Richmond with a couple members dropping 15-20".  :whistle:

Look at DCA it's pretty insane. Definitely trending slightly upward with QPF.

Unless it is the only one right.

The GFS is pretty good with a track of a storm at 48 hours out, it's not shifting 150 miles south. It tracks the h5 vort down the NC/VA state line, gives the MA there 8"+ storm, gets them above there seasonal snowfall average, pounds PHL, NYC up through Boston, probably 10"+ with ratios. All the unbearable MA/NE weenies will be buried and then next week will be crying again about lack of snow. Boston has to be breaking more records, does it ever not snow there. At least it will be cold/dry here!

Did you get anything last wednesday night? Jast asking .Our ground was covered good dusting.No not a big deal but it was a clipper.Just saying these thing can produce.And as cold as it forcasted to be higher ratio could be possible too.

Yes we did, but it was because it came around the southern end of the apps not directly over the apps and the moisture transport allowed for the Lee side trough to  do the dirty work.

The SREF plumes are pretty awesome tonight.  They show a mean of 3.14" at GSO and 2.94" at RDU with almost all members showing accumulating snow.  It's probably overdone, but still.

The mean is close to 9" in Richmond with a couple members dropping 15-20".  :whistle:

Right. .35" average here. But  there is more members running higher than that. Highest is .68"

We are in the Hi Res Nam wheel house along with the nam. GFS is having all kinds of trouble lately. I mean yesterday day it had like a 50 degree difference in 6hrs. Now if the NAM comes in weaker and north then we can start to see a trend but no way would i go with this model in short term.

We are in the Hi Res Nam wheel house along with the nam. GFS is having all kinds of trouble lately. I mean yesterday day it had like a 50 degree difference in 6hrs. Now if the NAM comes in weaker and north then we can start to see a trend but no way would i go with this model in short term.

You shouldn't feel comfortable with the NAM being the outlier leader.

No model is trustworthy this year

Right.

Really most logical thing to do is a blend... find the total qpf from nam, gfs, sref,euro average them all up. Cut that average in half and cut it in half again. What ever number you come up with times that by ten. Let that be you're mind set and anticipation.

So if you come up with .005" qpf average expect bare minimal nothing and max half inch.

Lol JK Pilot.

Best thing to do is to assume nothing at all till you see flakes flying.

GFS is the outlier still. But doesn't mean it isn't right. All the others might be wrong. But the GFS has been all over the place lately.

The 0z runs of the RGEM, UK and GGEM all agree with GFS. In about 90 mins the Euro will join the camp. Really the only discussion is who jackpots, DT or JI, my money is on JI, it always snows for him We may see flurries,

Right.

Really most logical thing to do is a blend... find the total qpf from nam, gfs, sref,euro average them all up. Cut that average in half and cut it in half again. What ever number you come up with times that by ten. Let that be you're mind set and anticipation.

So if you come up with .005" qpf average expect bare minimal nothing and max half inch.

Lol JK Pilot.

Best thing to do is to assume nothing at all till you see flakes flying.

Yep. Not going to lose any sleep over it. If we need to put salt out or plow we are ready. But this year looks like its going to be a dud. Cold winter but dry. Warm up when moisture arrives.

Archived