joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Weekend 1-18/1-19 light snow events

Allsnow

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did any of the short term models have this last night/this morning?

I think the focus was west...in the poconos I believe mt holly had a wwa out for two counties and even mentioned an outside shot if thunder in a previous afd...in the wicked fast flow this season another case where the signal was there for highly localized nastiness but placement is damn near impossible

Temp has dropped from 46 to 41 here in about 30 minutes and it is spitting snowflakes of all things. I can imagine how the instability/convection was able to drop a quick few inches in some areas.

Judging from the radar, that's all we are going to get so we'll be among the have-nots, but pretty cool to watch this unfold.

Question: is there a simple way to get past radar snapshots or loops for a time period?  Would love to see the loop from Fort Dix from this morning, showing the snow "blossoming" from next to nothing, but I'm only able to see the last hour or so from the NWS or Intellicast sites.  I'm guessing there's an easy way to get older frames/loops, but I just don't know how to obtain them.  Thanks, in advance. 

Time sensitive link: http://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/index.php?type=DIX-N0Q-1-96#

Same in Mahopac...completely unexpected...I was expecting a dusting at best.

I was at work yesterday so I missed the whole thing.  Was it windy here?  I measured between 4 and 5.5" last night when I got home.  Unfortunately it seems that it was pretty wet stuff because it was frozen, heavy glop and shoveling was just about impossible especially where it was packed down by walking and my wifes car and the plow bank was a solid mass of hernia inducing I give up crunch

I was at work yesterday so I missed the whole thing. Was it windy here? I measured between 4 and 5.5" last night when I got home. Unfortunately it seems that it was pretty wet stuff because it was frozen, heavy glop and shoveling was just about impossible especially where it was packed down by walking and my wifes car and the plow bank was a solid mass of hernia inducing I give up crunch

You tried shoveling after it kinda froze up? Youre a better man than me lol! I managed to break an ice scraper and a windshield wiper last night cleaning off a car.

When I got home and pulled into the driveway my car kinda bogged down so I goosed it to get through the plow pile and it spun right into our other car as it bounced over the ice ridge. Now I have a bumper shaped indentation in the front end of my (new) car. Ehh, it's only a $1200 bumper, no biggie right :axe:

Oh man that sucks. Makes me feel better about my windshield wiper though :lol:

The cracked and mangled headlight pod sux too. Mo money... :violin: Traction control FTL. Two tires had traction and two didn't so the spin control braked the two that didn't and when I goosed it the car spun instead of drilling straight backwards like you'd expect AWD to do.

I had the opposite problem, but ended up in nearly the same situation. Tried to move my wife's civic out of a spot, and i backed up enough just to get off the dry spot where the tires were. Slid sideways right into another car. Luckily i had the tire turned enough so only my tires hit the other car.

Archived