amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
January 15th Threat

Bob Chill

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

some of the most depressing gfs runs ive ever seen. Back in the day, it would give us a 384 hour blizzard but we cant even get a 384 hour flizzard anymore on paper

How is that even relevant? lol. They still never actually verified, so you should be happy. Less frustration and disappointment. And who cares what the GFS shows run to run...the pattern is going to be what it has been. There will be no -NAO till spring, so its more of the same- trying to time a shortwave with some polar air and hopefully no GL low to eff it all up. It is what it is.

To my eyes it seems that what is preventing the wave on wed from amplifying at all is that the front on Tuesday now is showing signs of having a second wave along it.  That second wave crushes the flow behind it and prevents the next wave from being able to develop. 

vort off the coast location is not that different from the Euro, but the Euro was closing it off

http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/Image.php?image=data%2Fnam%2F00%2Fnam_namer_081_500_vort_ht.gif&model=nam&area=namer&storm=&cycle=00&param=500_vort_ht&fhr=081&group=Model+Guidance&imageSize=M&scrollx=0&scrolly=0

I'm not sure how the euro got the negative tilt so far west. Even that still wasn't quite far enough west.

I wasnt speaking of one model or run but why in general all the guidance has become less amplified with the wed system. Euro doesn't even have that system anymore. The storm it develops is from the trailing vort diving in 12 hours behind the one that was originally the wed storm.

Archived