joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 15th Threat

Bob Chill

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, looks surface temps are OK by 9 or 10PM Wednesday, at least out this way.

It's a crazy qpf bullseye near culpepper. They get like .5. Verbatim I would get an inch or so with temps very close to freezing. Leesburg would get like 2-3. 

The next vort in line just got more interesting. At least for snow tv. Very tiny boom potential too. 

It's a crazy qpf bullseye near culpepper. They get like .5. Verbatim I would get an inch or so with temps very close to freezing. Leesburg would get like 2-3. 

The next vort in line just got more interesting. At least for snow tv. Very tiny boom potential too. 

too far north on the 2nd one I suspect/fear

That's ok. There's another one on the heels that could produce.

Here's the dead cat bounce for Wed:

dragginmebackin.JPG

Don't call it a comeback by the GFS, but I could see this being an ok event still around you over to Mitch. The sfc temps are less of an issue and the modeled h5 is somewhat impressive nevertheless.

Don't call it a comeback by the GFS, but I could see this being an ok event still around you over to Mitch. The sfc temps are less of an issue and the modeled h5 is somewhat impressive nevertheless.

The vort pass has been good the whole time. There are clearly factors like temps and speed going against us. But this run just shows another possibility of a slower evolution with more dig. I'm bearish but interested. 

The vort pass has been good the whole time. There are clearly factors like temps and speed going against us. But this run just shows another possibility of a slower evolution with more dig. I'm bearish but interested.

We need a degree of digging that helps pop the low in a good spot and the qpf max can co-locate along the Leesburg->BWI corridor.

I think this is a best case scenario, an outlier but one that is possible with such a strong vort.  I'll be happy with any mood flakes and will be hoping for Ji to get an inch or two so he can complain. 

I think this is a best case scenario, an outlier but one that is possible with such a strong vort.  I'll be happy with any mood flakes and will be hoping for Ji to get an inch or two so he can complain. 

I'm skeptical. Such a small precip max means dynamics are really tight. I looked at h7. I can see why the max is so tiny. But I guess we can't sleep on any vorts that pass like this so pop up solutions like this can happen even @ 48 hours and in. 

One thing this year that has been persistent is almost everything from underneath has overperformed overall. The range of possibilities are zero to 4 with the most being the usual suspects n-w. A localized central va jackpot would hardly shock me. They have a knack for that. 

Archived