• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Winter 13-14' Med/Long Range Discussion Part 2

Chicago Storm

6z GFS a little different for late next week/next weekend.

I also noticed the extraordinary parade of storms for Newfoundland and surrounding: Current snowstorm, upcoming one 36 hours from 06z that could be even stronger than the current one, a weak low that passes south of NFL at 108 hours, a moderate snowstorm at 135 hours near the southern tip of NFL, a snowstorm that travels from the east strengthening as it leaves NFL at 177 hours, a moderate low that tracks more north of NFL at 240 hours, and a large one at 372 hours that seems quite slow moving off New England. Lock that in for those folks.

I don't want any warmth for the foreseeable future, this winter needs to keep its momentum going. I highly prefer the cold solutions (wishcast: record cold) for various reasons (Great Lakes ice cover, getting all winter months below average, keeping snowpack, etc.) and I'm almost always for heat. This is the exception.

EDIT: Starting to breathe a little more easily with the Euro caving.

Channeling your inner Roger Smith?

I lol'd for real at that one!

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2nd week of march for any potential sustained warm up....maybe a D2 mod risk around March 10th or so (not for MBY)...tis my take on the matter looking over patterns

ubber troughiness will make for some wild swings leading up to that timeframe....60's might be on the plate....but so could temps in the 20's the following day....

the trend is for torch signals in models to be squashed by progressiveness as time marches forward....I don't see anything changing that for feb

My oppinion remains the same...fwiw

Outta town with the fam...safe travels for all with this holiday weekend's wintery weather

NAEFS is nasty nasty cold the last week of Feb/early March.. . targeted for Detroit into the Ohio Valley...  Good stuff.  Spring fail ... 

http://collaboration.cmc.ec.gc.ca/cmc/ensemble/naefs/semaine2/images/2014021500_054@007_E1_north@america_I_NAEFS@TEMPERATURE_anomaly@probability@combined@week2_198.png

3 days running now.  Lock it in boys.  We need a few more subzero high temps :)

Not going to happen that late in the season. Maybe some sub zero lows.

Still some 40s coming, so that's cool.

unless you're a snowcover queen...

this is depressing to me.  After this it's wide spread below to well below normal.   We can't even join in the torch.   Other than padding snow stats and making a run for a top 3, I'm pretty much ready for the end.   Hell, I'd be happy to pad with a sloppy April storm that melts the next day...if that's what it takes to make a run at history.   It's the relentless cold that's starting to wear...

post-622-0-06998300-1392566394_thumb.jpg

unless you're a snowcover queen...

this is depressing to me.  After this it's wide spread below to well below normal.   We can't even join in the torch.   Other than padding snow stats and making a run for a top 3, I'm pretty much ready for the end.   Hell, I'd be happy to pad with a sloppy April storm that melts the next day...if that's what it takes to make a run at history.   It's the relentless cold that's starting to wear...

CMH p&c looks pretty torchy to me, for this upcoming week. Enjoy.

Wednesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 45.

Wednesday Night: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Thursday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 58. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Thursday Night: Showers and thunderstorms likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Friday: A chance of rain. Mostly sunny, with a high near 51. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Friday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 36.

Saturday: A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 54. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

CMH p&c looks pretty torchy to me, for this upcoming week. Enjoy.

Wednesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 45.

Wednesday Night: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Thursday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 58. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Thursday Night: Showers and thunderstorms likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Friday: A chance of rain. Mostly sunny, with a high near 51. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Friday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 36.

Saturday: A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 54. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

that does look better.  I pulled that temp mean off jb's blog.   HIs point being that the 'warm up' is looking less and less impressive, especially in snow covered areas.    But I'd gladly take 50's right now...even if it comes with a side of dreary.

I am relatively satisfied with my torch. Especially Friday, 44 and sunny is going to feel AMAZING~!

• Wednesday A chance of rain and snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
  • Thursday A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 50. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
  • Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 44.
  • Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40.

It's the relentless cold that's starting to wear...

*Image*

That GEFS image put a smirk on my face when I saw it, a bubble of cold around the southern Great Lakes. Never seen that. When your ice coverage is at generational levels, this is the result I think.

This keeps getting better...

*Image*

Hi Geos!

*Image*

:lmao: Yes it does. I want to see if I can get down to -40ºC IMBY before it starts to get too late because it can only happen when the GL's freeze over completely. Last time was probably 1976.

Ugh!

I was just going to post about this when I saw it on wxbell.....that would be unreal considering it's the end of FEB and considering how relentless this winter has been. 

The thought of being outside in sunshine, warmth, no snowcover and a short-sleeved shirt, seems like HEAVEN right now....and seemingly as unreachable too....(speaking for myself of course :devilsmiley: ).

I was just going to post about this when I saw it on wxbell.....that would be unreal considering it's the end of FEB and considering how relentless this winter has been. 

The thought of being outside in sunshine, warmth, no snowcover and a short-sleeved shirt, seems like HEAVEN right now....and seemingly as unreachable too....(speaking for myself of course :devilsmiley: ).

I hear you, I am ready to move on from this brutal winter. 40-50 and sun later this week is going to feel great though.

If the pattern ever rubber bands, as some contend, get the air conditioners tuned up.

Some thought that in 08-09... Then in 10-11 it was gonna be a cool one which did not work out to well either.

A bit of it depends on enso i think. We go to a nino i suspect it will be cooler and if we go deeper into a nina then it will be a warmer one. We'll see anyways.

Archived