amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Winter 13-14' Med/Long Range Discussion Part 2

Chicago Storm

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See above. It's not the most logical thing but it is what it is. I'd rather have a snowstorm hit Toronto with me here. I had 3 hours of sleep on December 14th. Some of the bigger storms here I slept through basically.

Yeah I can't follow that train of thought, I mean I'd much rather be excited about the snow I have. I mean I can understand if it had to do with no posters other than yourself being from Edmonton currently. That would make sense to me, each to their own though.

See above. It's not the most logical thing but it is what it is. I'd rather have a snowstorm hit Toronto with me here. I had 3 hours of sleep on December 14th. Some of the bigger storms here I slept through basically.

:lmao: I can actually understand you somewhat. We have had just one stinker winter here the last 7 years, and that was 2011-12. I was licking my chops for some snow, so had my up north trip planned and it was PERFECTLY planned around their biggest snowstorm in years. It was a compact little storm March 3rd, but I was excited to be there for it. While it was exciting, and I did take a walk during the height of the storm, which ended up dropping about a foot, it wasnt the same as being in your own backyard. It was a wet snow, so the scenery was gorgeous, and when I awoke the next morning (yes, I slept well), i actually didnt want to be bothered with things like cleaning off my car or seeing how much snow has fallen (a hasty top of my car measurment showed about 12", I didnt know where else to measure as there was old snow down, no clear spots)...I just wanted to get out into the winter wonderland.

:lmao: I can actually understand you somewhat. We have had just one stinker winter here the last 7 years, and that was 2011-12. I was licking my chops for some snow, so had my up north trip planned and it was PERFECTLY planned around their biggest snowstorm in years. It was a compact little storm March 3rd, but I was excited to be there for it. While it was exciting, and I did take a walk during the height of the storm, which ended up dropping about a foot, it wasnt the same as being in your own backyard. It was a wet snow, so the scenery was gorgeous, and when I awoke the next morning (yes, I slept well), i actually didnt want to be bothered with things like cleaning off my car or seeing how much snow has fallen (a hasty top of my car measurment showed about 12", I didnt know where else to measure as there was old snow down, no clear spots)...I just wanted to get out into the winter wonderland.

My dad and I drove down to Buffalo during the massive December 2001 LES event. Snow up to people's roofs! It was an incredible sight that I'll never forget. But after soaking it in for a bit, you get bored with it and want to go home (even though brown grass is waiting for you there). It's weird.

I think over time I'd grow to get more interested in the weather here if I was here for the long term. But being transient like I am it's a tougher sell.

My dad and I drove down to Buffalo during the massive December 2001 LES event. Snow up to people's roofs! It was an incredible sight that I'll never forget. But after soaking it in for a bit, you get bored with it and want to go home (even though brown grass is waiting for you there). It's weird.

I think over time I'd grow to get more interested in the weather here if I was here for the long term. But being transient like I am it's a tougher sell.

I know what you mean a bit. When I lived in waterloo it was fun to see october snow and some bigger events but it didn't really matter because it wasn't my "yard" I always checked the obs in Toronto to see if they were snow yet, and if they weren't I felt a bit disappointed even though it was ripping snow in waterloo 

I guess because I spent six winters in Ottawa, I can "connect" with the city per se, and visualize the streets, so I get excited for snow there as well as here in my hometown of Toronto.

op GFS continues to hint at a trof in the west and a little EC ridging and a much better gradient setting up across the CONUS in the 9/10 day range. 

Could be a chance for something legit first week of Feb. 

either way, a solid week long boring stretch after these clippers is looking pretty likely.

Maybe you should take a trip to the North Pole, enjoy some warmth.

the 0z Euro drops a -20C to -26C on Wisconsin/Minnesota at 7 days. apparently the 12z Euro is not as insane, but yet the -18 or -20C in that general realm is not too encouraging.

I don't think today's 12z Euro is out that far yet.

Archived