• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Another Cold Shot Jan 7-8

CT Rain

Can anyone post a still image of the squalls last nite? I saw them animated..but I was wondering if anyone had a still shot. Joey said it blew up overhead or something

i'd be curious to see a loop-we had flurries here when I went to bed at 10:30, but radar was quiet otherwise.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL @ thinking I'm upset. I don't care one way or the other. If it snows, it snows, if it doesn't, it doesn't. I have a lot more important things in my life to worry over (my health being #1),

This squall line was pretty well modeled. BOX had it in their grids, at least for my area.

Oh man Bobby hope you are OK, this stuff is just in fun.

Yeah this seems run of the mill lol

Ryan Hanrahan@ryanhanrahan1m

-24.5C 850mb temperature from the OKX (Long Island) weather balloon launch looks like the 12th coldest on record for NYC area.

And as we've discussed for the last week while temperatures at 850mb would be quite impressive it would be very meh at the surface here. Delivering a cold shot on a WSW flow never delivers the goods here. It's cold but seems to me like a once every year kind of cold here in present climate regime.

And as we've discussed for the last week while temperatures at 850mb would be quite impressive it would be very meh at the surface here. Delivering a cold shot on a WSW flow never delivers the goods here. It's cold but seems to me like a once every year kind of cold here in present climate regime.

not record breaking but definitely not meh feeling, damn cold out here. Lots of records in NYC region which is where the balloon launch was from, long standing ones too. Good stuff and great calls by you mets on core of cold being SW

not record breaking but definitely not meh feeling, damn cold out here. Lots of records in NYC region which is where the balloon launch was from, long standing ones too. Good stuff and great calls by you mets on core of cold being SW

Eh I dunno. It's definitely cold but for most of SNE this really isn't too noteworthy. Wind chills from 0 to -15.... Day time temps around 10.

I don't know I think the cold has been very noteworthy.  If you do business around the country...this cold snap has really F'd up business.  Heck whole states called off school in the last day or two.

Epic here no but as part of a larger picture of some pretty cold air....this is deep winter.   It's 1/7....let's not forget we've got another 30-40 days of opportunity.  To have the 3rd day in the single digits/teens so early is very, very impressive IMO.

I don't know I think the cold has been very noteworthy.  If you do business around the country...this cold snap has really F'd up business.  Heck whole states called off school in the last day or two.

Epic here no but as part of a larger picture of some pretty cold air....this is deep winter.   It's 1/7....let's not forget we've got another 30-40 days of opportunity.  To have the 3rd day in the single digits/teens so early is very, very impressive IMO.

Even where you are...you have right up to St Patty's day for good chances. SSTs are still falling through Feb.

Is this our third Arctic outbreak this year? How many years have three single digit separate days? When was the last time we changed 50 degrees in 12 hours?

What is impressive is that we've had three torches/cutters and three arctic outbreaks in like the last month. Talk about volatile weather.

Eh I dunno. It's definitely cold but for most of SNE this really isn't too noteworthy. Wind chills from 0 to -15.... Day time temps around 10.

Not sure what note worthy means but its very freakin cold out. Just walkd 15 mins outside. Day time temp in low teens w wind , frigid . Dont need a record to say its damn cold. I was actually caught off guard by the cold bc i was sort of poo poo'd in here .

Archived