joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Another Cold Shot Jan 7-8

CT Rain

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fresh snow is on the roads for some of Upstate New York and New England, from overnight and predawn snow squalls. I've posted a map on my Facebook wall that highlights exactly who has seen fresh overnight snow. Kevin in Tolland, CT, reports 2"-3" of fresh snow from these squalls and roads are a mess - while amounts like that are the exception rather than the rule this morning, even the fresh coating that fell for many south of the MA Pike has made things extra slick this morning.

Between yesterday and today I've had one of my largest diurnal ranges in my record: 52 degrees.  I was also noting that with this mornings squall I now have more than half my January snowfall and we're only a week into the month.  The average temp a week in is also on par for my third coldest month.  Now, that's going to change, but it's a nice start!

Man everyone missed this..models,mets/BOX...gotta love a good surprise for once

Does anyone have a radar grab of it?

You would love it up here when every time the wind blows, you could pick up some rogue squalls. You go to bed not knowing it you will get anything, a dusting, or maybe 3-6"? This morning, the west wind brought only a half an inch.

Models had QPF.

Essentially what just happened was what I deal with all the time...model spits out trace amounts of liquid, but you don't know if it'll be flurries, or a few inches of high ratio squall snow.

It's certainly not something that'll be forecast with any degree of certainty. Heck BTV had a dusting-4" in the forecast last night up here. There's your uncertainty. Could be a dusting, could be 3-4" in persistent snow showers. Not going to be a lot of QPF either way...but generally a low impact fluffy snow. Just brush it off and go about your business, haha.

Essentially what just happened was what I deal with all the time...model spits out trace amounts of liquid, but you don't know if it'll be flurries, or a few inches of high ratio squall snow.

It's certainly not something that'll be forecast with any degree of certainty. Heck BTV had a dusting-4" in the forecast last night up here. There's your uncertainty. Could be a dusting, could be 3-4" in persistent snow showers. Not going to be a lot of QPF either way...but generally a low impact fluffy snow. Just brush it off and go about your business, haha.

Yeah our RPM had snow for many runs. You can tell he is snow starved if 2" makes him happy. Back to crocus weather this weekend.

Meh..a few days of mild wx don't matter..we already see the return of winter later next week and it locks in..so it's ok

Sorry you didn't get more

Not sure what you mean? My concern for your well being grows. Bringing everyone up to the Canada border down when snow melts. Sorry snow matters so much to you. I have other issues at hand.

Archived