• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
January Banter Thread

H2O

It's a complicated storm with a lot to discuss. Not some moisture starved clipper that's simple. The page count is more a factor of trying to solve a pretty tough and cool riddle. We all know we suck at snow but we have fun with it anyway. At least my sick and demented azz does.

We have to fight for every flake around here. It is a complicated storm. Unfortunately it never got to a 4-6er for us. I hope someone has a nice surprise.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The radar hallucinations and dryslot suicides are still going to be brutal tomorrow.  NAM sim radar shows the snow coming in from W-->E, so maybe that will help instead of waiting it to fill in overhead. 

Somehow the radar stuff started this morning. I'm still lost with that one.

I'm looking forward to prolific cries of doom from a bunch of folks I've never seen before.

And the guy from NE PA who is really sad we missed out again but decided he should show us what 15" of snow looks like. 

NE Marylanders: Wow it is ripping up here! So sorry DCA is getting nothing again? Wanna see the 2" that have came down in literally the past 30 minutes?

Me: I know you mean well, but you are making my lack of snow more disappointing.

NE Marylander: Rippin! Maybe this super band will move South and slam you guys. Best snow ever!

*sigh*

you can thank me for that... though I was using it to illustrate a point... right now btw it seems like we are somewhere in the middlground, leading closer to what models have said... though I won't deny the pcpn over TN is interesting

well berk was talking about it at like 9am after the 12z nam too.

NE Marylanders: Wow it is ripping up here! So sorry DCA is getting nothing again? Wanna see the 2" that have came down in literally the past 30 minutes?

Me: I know you mean well, but you are making my lack of snow more disappointing.

NE Marylander: Rippin! Maybe this super band will move South and slam you guys. Best snow ever!

*sigh*

I promise you that if I am ripping snow in NE MD someone from north central MD around Westminster or Manchester will be doing even better and will bullseye.

We in the DC area have forgotten what a cold 2" snow looks like, even on the streets. I was in downtown Lancaster for 3 nights from 12/23-12/26 on vacation. The last morning, 12/26, was that "surprise" band that sagged into MD. But up in Lancaster, this 2.5" unexpected snow coated every road surface since no crews had been out. 

It just takes a cold storm to do this, even with not that much precip:

post-1347-0-57416500-1388633567_thumb.jp

We in the DC area have forgotten what a cold 2" snow looks like, even on the streets. I was in downtown Lancaster for 3 nights from 12/23-12/26 on vacation. The last morning, 12/26, was that "surprise" band that sagged into MD. But up in Lancaster, this 2.5" unexpected snow coated every road surface since no crews had been out. 

It just takes a cold storm to do this, even with not that much precip:

DCA would need like .50 precip to get that.

My Dad and brother (in South Jersey) will undoubtedly send me pictures of their fluffy 4-6" of powder, while my younger sister up along the central Jersey Shore will quietly revel in whatever she gets. My older sister will probably gloat and talk about how my nephews are having a great time sledding. And I'll just have to take it like a man.

Good thing my expectations have been nil from the get go. Painful, but very bearable.

Just wanted to say these couple things before it really starts today:

Radar looks great in TN!

Shouldn't be too long before changeover!

Those radar echoes looks impressive!

Good thing ti is at night!

It will really pile up now!

SN+ with blowing snow!

Archived