• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
January 2/3 Event - Disco., Nowcasting, and Obs.

wxmeddler

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NAM looks pretty solid to me for BWI and NE MD. Doesn't look like rain, either. Not cold powder but snow.

yeah, you do better than me, but east is "where it's at" as they say in Glen Burnie

still getting snow at 42 hrs too per radar

http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/Image.php?fhr=042ℑ=data%2Fnam%2F12%2Fnam_namer_042_sim_radar.gif&model=nam&area=namer&param=sim_radar&group=Model+Guidance&imageSize=M

.50 line basically at Baltimore. Nice run.

Yeah but if you compare it with the 06Z it is a lot dryer with the overall precip field.  It almost looks like that 12Z wants to develop a band that paints a finger of snow over NE MD and NJ... but then less to the north and east (NY/ CT).  It doesn't really make sense. But I will take it.  

6z RGEM wasn't too far off the NAM, and it was trending NAM's way from 0Z run

all we have is hope, so why not hold on to it...

Well, I said all along NE MD had a much better chance than me but this run is bunk IMO.  We've been doing this too long not to learn from past errors.

usedtobe stuck a fork in it.  time to move from the denial/anger to acceptance phase.  We will get our turn this winter Ji

I hadn't looked at this mornings nam. it would give us snow and any snow after arooudn midnight would stick at DCA so it is the best NAM run we've seen.  I'm always hesitant to jump on the NAM developing a storm right over us as I've had some of my worst beatings jumping on such a solution.  For that reason, I'd wait until the GFS and Euro come out.  Last night's euro and it's ensembles were pretty bearish though 30 of the 50 members had some snow with the storm, only 4 had over 2 inches.  For that reason,  I'll hold off on the NAM. 

I hadn't looked at this mornings nam. it would give us snow and any snow after arooudn midnight would stick at DCA so it is the best NAM run we've seen.  I'm always hesitant to jump on the NAM developing a storm right over us as I've had some of my worst beatings jumping on such a solution.  For that reason, I'd wait until the GFS and Euro come out.  Last night's euro and it's ensembles were pretty bearish though 30 of the 50 members had some snow with the storm, only 4 had over 2 inches.  For that reason,  I'll hold off on the NAM.

What do you make of the SREFs getting progressively wetter from run to run? Seems like they did the same thing to us in last years debacle

Good morning and happy new year all. So we still can track today between hockey and football. Just saw Justin Berk's new commentary. Not bad at all. Ok to copy and paste here?

Very interesting actually.  From his facebook page:

"Here is a quick look at this morning's radar. I just want to highlight a few things:

1) The snow in eastern CO is farther south than models forecasted

2) Rain in southern GA is farther north than models forecasted

3) There is a large dry region (despite clouds) that needs to be squeezed out for the two systems to morph together. 

#3 is the issue with low snow totals in computer forecasts. What I have been seeing and pointing out are subtle things that could eventually be big players down the road Thursday for the storm to develop just a little sooner to impact the Mid Atlantic. A few hours and a hundred miles or so could make all the difference for us.

*I am not saying a crippling storm, but a moderate event is still very possible. I will share a snow map ASAP. "

Archived