Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Big Snow Threat Disco Jan2/3

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, we know it is going to change... For one - duh - it's a D6 panel.  Even the mighty Europe sells crap beyond D5 and particularly beginning in the D6 time range.  

But even even beyond that, the SFC resolution appears over-done for a trough that is neutral tilt, with even a little positive tilted bias to its southern component.   

Having said that .. I am higher confidence of SOMEthing happening during that time frame, based upon larger scale parameters/fluxes and the heretofore trends combined. 

Not with that high where it is

We heard that logic before Christmas and it rained all the way to Canada...strong enough shortwave can pretty much go where it wants on the east coast with no real blocking off to our NE.

I do like how systems this season haven't really become more suppressed in the lead up times, so I'd feel pretty good that if there's a storm it's not going to be way south. Some seasons everything seems to go south as we lead up to hour zero, this year we've been getting the ticks the other way. Just some positives to think about.

We heard that logic before Christmas and it rained all the way to Canada...strong enough shortwave can pretty much go where it wants on the east coast with no real blocking off to our NE.

I do like how systems this season haven't really become more suppressed in the lead up times, so I'd feel pretty good that if there's a storm it's not going to be way south. Some seasons everything seems to go south as we lead up to hour zero, this year we've been getting the ticks the other way. Just some positives to think about.

Highs don't really dictate stormtrack either. Maybe a strong high forces a low to go over SE MA instead of ORH, but overall that logic is flawed to a point.

This seems like a scenario which it could just as easily be out to sea and slide to the south of the region.  I'm not buying the EURO just yet, but its something we need to keep in mind, and yes I know it showed a monster, but so did the GGEM.  Right now if consistency pays off towards Day 3.5 and we are in NAM range and the EURO still has a major snowstorm for all of New England, than I will start believing.

check out the Euro NH 5h map for comparison

It does bear some similarities to where we have been ... not sure so much as to where we are going, though.

My point before was that a Phase 7 correlated pattern tends to emerge the -NAO phase state, so that sort of buck trends.

Heh, who cares -- if one is into this for winter than you're looking good either way.   

I do like the -EPO look that's regardless...

This seems like a scenario which it could just as easily be out to sea and slide to the south of the region.  I'm not buying the EURO just yet, but its something we need to keep in mind, and yes I know it showed a monster, but so did the GGEM.  Right now if consistency pays off towards Day 3.5 and we are in NAM range and the EURO still has a major snowstorm for all of New England, than I will start believing.

So you mean when we're already 6hrs into the event?

Archived