Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Big Snow Threat Disco Jan2/3

Damage In Tolland

Well I agree James. 

What was the recent system that everyone was saying the cold high couldn't get moved out of the way and yet the low managed to cut and we got (or mostly got) rain in the end?

I kept thinking of quint in Jaws saying "he can't go down with three barrels on him.!  Not with three he can't!".  And we all remember how that worked out for Quint.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What was the recent system that everyone was saying the cold high couldn't get moved out of the way and yet the low managed to cut and we got (or mostly got) rain in the end?

I kept thinking of quint in Jaws saying "he can't go down with three barrels on him.!  Not with three he can't!".  And we all remember how that worked out for Quint.

We didn't have a Polar Vortex low acting like a block in the way during that last rainstorm.  Therefore the high had no support.  This time there is almost a pseudo block in the form of some ridging in Greenland and a low near the 50/50 position.

different "pattern". 

There's almost a semi block developing near Greenland, and especially with the PV location. It acts like a 50/50 low block suppressing this system. I also thought yesterday this wouldn't be a mid Atlantic storm, I could be wrong, but I think this is a clipper like storm with a suppressed southern stream system.

The acting pv as a 50/50 is transient. If it lifts quicker this can barell inland. Obv if its not as quick, its supressed. I hate timing sensitive events.

I gave my thoughts late yesterday and I see no reason to stray yet. Prolonged nature due to multiple impulses throughing bursts of qpf. We don't want a big wound up storm or mpm will become mr prophecy.

I agree Jerry, snow scene in a cold environment. So many people want blockbusters all the time, the rarity of those is very much misunderstood. I will take a 2-4, any day, I also love it when we get long periods of light to moderate snow. Looking forward to a great January. Keep it real people and enjoy the ride.

It doesn't need much of an adjustment to come back further northwest.  Best guess is the semi block that develops will be enough to allow a phase near the 40/70 benchmark and hammer eastern New England with heavy snow, that is my gut telling me, not my hypester mentality.  Not hype here, just my opinion.

sloooooowwww down. 

take a deep breath and realize it is Saturday. We are talking about a system in the Wed-Fri timeframe. the set-up is far from perfect so there's no reason to expect all that much right now. potential vs expectation...need to keep those things separate. 

sloooooowwww down. 

take a deep breath and realize it is Saturday. We are talking about a system in the Wed-Fri timeframe. the set-up is far from perfect so there's no reason to expect all that much right now. potential vs expectation...need to keep those things separate. 

I understand the setup is far from perfect, especially with the intricacies of a polar vortex.

Archived