joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Big Snow Threat Disco Jan2/3

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro made a huge jump twds a good hit. As it is now, it gets light snow into SNE. As we discussed yesterday..the PV retreated some and less confluence..With no blocking there's just nothing to keep this suppressed. That trend of PV edging north will probably continue the next few runs

It will be interesting to see how things adjust over the next few days.  Seeing the 00z gfs toss it was disappointing given it's repeated runs with it.  But, the 06z looked a little more aggressive.  EC's move is still a miss.

Several days to see if this has any legs.

Euro made a huge jump twds a good hit. As it is now, it gets light snow into SNE. As we discussed yesterday..the PV retreated some and less confluence..With no blocking there's just nothing to keep this suppressed. That trend of PV edging north will probably continue the next few runs

You sound like me when a threat is modeled to hit SNE ;). There's always a reason for it to come north.

take a look at the spread in the ind members though. 

that said, good look for coastal peeps right now. 

I can tell how you're STARTING to come around lol.

You edged your forecast for late week from sunny and highs struggling to touch 20 on the Cape..to mid 20's and possible flurries/light snows.

PV retreat FTW

take a look at the spread in the ind members though. 

that said, good look for coastal peeps right now. 

I always look for what the qpf contour does though..If I see it steadily increase and bump west each run then you know what's coming..If it just holds without increasing that's usually the sign of a miss

I can tell how you're STARTING to come around lol.

You edged your forecast for late week from sunny and highs struggling to touch 20 on the Cape..to mid 20's and possible flurries/light snows.

PV retreat FTW

well...i guess i appreciate you looking.  lol.

the change though was more to reflect a little more flow off the water.

There's almost a semi block developing near Greenland, and especially with the PV location.  It acts like a 50/50 low block suppressing this system.  I also thought yesterday this wouldn't be a mid Atlantic storm, I could be wrong, but I think this is a clipper like storm with a suppressed southern stream system.

Archived