• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
January Forecast Discussion

REDMK6GLI

I have liked the 1994 look surface wise since I saw the JMA but the Euro, GFS ensembles for next 2 weeks and the CFSV2

for the entire month are just beating then drum of a colder than the JMA look

I would love to see by the end of Feb how jan and feb combined stack up vs any year since 77 78 .

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which is why our big events occur during a pattern change, hence why you've used a word that i havent heard anyone say this season besides me, archembault event. Although bluewave does bring up a good point in spacing between big snowstorms historically speaking this pattern we're in has pretty much done amazing stuff with poor blocking support so anything is possible.

We came really close in early February 2010, but the storm on the 6th got suppressed and we got our big

ones on the 10th and 25-26th. That may be the reason why it's so hard to surpass the 40" mark here in

one month. 

With those temps, that is a moderate snow event already. Will change a million times, but good sign that we're seeing models come on board (Dgex, some GEFS members, some CMC members...etc)

trend it more west and we'll get that Miller A bomb we want! like you said get the sleep tonight and tomorrow night because if these models start tootin' there horn for this wed/Thursday storm this place is going to experience something special for sure ;)

We came really close in early February 2010, but the storm on the 6th got suppressed and we got our big

ones on the 10th and 25-26th. That may be the reason why it's so hard to surpass the 40" mark here in

one month. 

There was also a 8-12" event for the interior on the 23rd. Many areas surpassed the 50" mark for that month up here

one month.

Philly did it in the first 10 days of that month and over 50" total so it definitely can be done

Incoming On GFS Miller A

Im really starting to get discouraged with the potential mid week storm. I was hoping the models would start trending west today. its looking more likely that cold high pressure is going to win out. hope I didnt pick the wrong week to come up here. I havent totally given up but its looking pretty slim at the moment. at least I should see some snow showers/squalls tomorrow. thats better than nothing

Im really starting to get discouraged with the potential mid week storm. I was hoping the models would start trending west today. its looking more likely that cold high pressure is going to win out. hope I didnt pick the wrong week to come up here. I havent totally given up but its looking pretty slim at the moment. at least I should see some snow showers/squalls tomorrow. thats better than nothing

if you paid attention to this weeks storm its WAY too early to give up on any threat next week. the models did trend better today so that is a BIG start. going to be an active storm tracking week starting sunday ;)

Wait until Sunday eve........We have been winning late in the games this winter....

if you paid attention to this weeks storm its WAY too early to give up on any threat next week. the models did trend better today so that is a BIG start. going to be an active storm tracking week starting sunday ;)

yea,,,I havent written it off. that wouldnt be wise the way this winter has been. was just hoping for a little more changes with the models today. I know there's still time tho

I am sold beyond belief with the pattern , I have been barking from 10 days ago that's this looks great I 1st posted on it when the warm up began , I don't know if its  mid week or a really long duration event SB wknd  and beyond .  I think most of finish with 50 inches of snow for the Year the CFSV2 for Feb is tarded , cold and snowy will throw up map in a bit .

The models have sharpened stuff up this year inside 96 hours , so I am gona wait a bit . Just not sure which one to key on

I am enjoying this snow pack and biter cold; but Upton has us going above freezing by next Friday. How do we manage to warm up so much even with deep negative anomalies? I hope we don't spend more than one day above freezing because that would wreck havoc on our snow pack. I am praying that we don't go above freezing on Monday. It just makes me cringe to see our predicted temp on Monday to be 37 degrees.

Overall, I would prefer multiple 3-6" snow storms and frigid air in order to keep the snow pack instead of marginal cold during a KU event that melts very fast due to the ensuing pattern breakdown.

I am enjoying this snow pack and biter cold; but Upton has us going above freezing by next Friday. How do we manage to warm up so much even with deep negative anomalies? I hope we don't spend more than one day above freezing because that would wreck havoc on our snow pack. I am praying that we don't go above freezing on Monday. It just makes me cringe to see our predicted temp on Monday to be 37 degrees.

Overall, I would prefer multiple 3-6" snow storms and frigid air in order to keep the snow pack instead of marginal cold during a KU event that melts very fast due to the ensuing pattern breakdown.

Staying this cold this long is very difficult to do. Expect mid 30s Monday before deep freeze again.

That is likely another one day run at near normal ahead of the next arctic front

By that time we have 10 days out of 11 days under freezing with 5 days or so staying in the teens for highs and five or more with single digit lows.

Archived