e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
January Forecast Discussion

REDMK6GLI

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on the trends for the previous KUs, we need to see a lock as early as Tuesday Night through Wednesday Night, with a general consensus by Thursday Morning.

I think we'll see that. This storm is literally a few steps away from being just that, buckle up for the next several days my friend. Me and wolf are riding this train till it arrives or derails ;)

Not saying trend to an all out MECS/HECS blizzard by sunday but trending in that direction though through most model

we have learned this winter that we have to have alot of patience with these storms - this is not one of those winters where storms show up many days before - and the models just fine tune them from there - also I would not anticipate that this will become a HECS - chances of that are not great thats why they are called HECS - this storm right now has a chance to be a SECS - thats about all we can expect right now

Looks like a little better separation between sw's, I'm still interested in mid-week, too far out to give up on just yet. If it doesn't look any better by tomorrow, thats another story. We just want to keep seeing improvements, not the opposite

Do you mean the separation between the NW Atlantic Vort and the Upper Midwest Vort? 

My chances for this storm go down to 20% from 30% yesterday because the cold air may be too overwhelming to get a storm to come up here, and the trough looks quite positive for anything major for us. This could be a good storm down south though like the Carolinas. I would need to see some significant positive trends for me to think otherwise and the 06z Nam looked better than the 12z Nam. 

My chances for this storm go down to 20% from 30% yesterday because the cold air may be too overwhelming to get a storm to come up here, and the trough looks quite positive for anything major for us. This could be a good storm down south though like the Carolinas. I would need to see some significant positive trends for me to think otherwise and the 06z Nam looked better than the 12z Nam. 

Actually, the 12Z NAM looks better than the 06Z NAM for two solid reasons. 1. The 06Z NAM has a weaker 50/50 Low, while the 12Z NAM has a stronger 50/50 Low. 2. The 06Z NAM doesn't has a solid H5 Vort Low, ejecting out of the Upper Midwest, while the 12Z NAM does. 

too early to be throwing in the towel my friend. This a Miller A, if it turns the corner and comes up the coast it'll deliver the goods to you as well. Be patient ;)

too early to be throwing in the towel my friend. This a Miller A, if it turns the corner and comes up the coast it'll deliver the goods to you as well. Be patient ;)

Not throwing in the towel, just lowering my chances that's all. I see the baroclinic zone being pushed further east on the 12z Nam as the cold is more expansive and I don't see a stronger 50/50 but it's the nam at 78 hrs so why over analyze. 

Not throwing in the towel, just lowering my chances that's all.

unclear why u r lowering chances when in general the models are trending in the right direction

GFS is demonstrating one of its biases at this range missing the southern stream energy

This is a great point. The trends were better this morning throughout most models so the GFS with the bias its recent solution most likely may not be plausible after all. And Paul i agree RGEM will be better under 96 hours out ;)

Archived