joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 21-23rd Winter Storm Part 4

Chicago Storm

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What time is the heaviest precip supposed to arrive in Toronto? 11 pm?

About then. I noticed Pearson's been hovering around -0.6 or -0.7 at the surface for several hours. I think if it stays at that temperature throughout the night, a lot of the heavier rain will runoff rather than freeze. If we drop AOB -1.0c, and especially if we closer to -2.0c, things become a little more critical.

ZR is overrated. I was just outside trying to enjoy it. Beh. It ain't no snow. In fact, I think pellets are more interesting.

Ya, ZR is just rain.

That rain then freezes as it contacts objects.

Tomorrow afternoon there will be lots of reports of much damage by the weight of accumulated rain that freezes.

I haven't lost power due to ZR here in downtown T.O that will be new to me if it happens.

About then. I noticed Pearson's been hovering around -0.6 or -0.7 at the surface for several hours. I think if it stays at that temperature throughout the night, a lot of the rain will runoff rather than freeze. If we drop AOB -1.0c, and especially if we closer to -2.0c, things become a little more critical.

Like I said, I'm around -1.2C. It looks like I might be at the biggest risk of ice buildup, within the borders of the city of Toronto.

It looks like Kingston is getting pounded.

Do a 48 or 96 image loop on CoD's site of DDC and you'll believe it. Very intense banding just parked over that area.

I just looked at it actually. No, I'm not saying I don't totally believe it. But that's crazy rates of snow. Would love if he would have had a time lapse camera on that...

Listening to the scanners and north Mississauga is now having trees down and numerous power outages. twitter in the last 30 minutes has seen a lot of tweets about blown transformers and trees on wires. Most of those tweets are coming from Toronto currently. Also if anyone is interested from the US side to follow the developments here, the thing to search on twitter is #onstorm  

Saw this report on FB from stormchaser Brad Hruza.

I am a trained spotter. Just a quick question. Do you put out freezing rain warnings? Kane County needs to be under one if so. Its collecting fast and dangerous and I have already helped falling people. Its just getting worse. Thanks.

Archived