• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December 21-23rd Winter Storm Part 4

Chicago Storm

Will be interesting to watch the dry slot next several hours. The RAP and even more the HRRR want to fill it in and make a run at northern IL. Not saying it will happen but these were the first two models to sniff out the north trend last weekend. And the HRRR snowfall map looks like the 12z Euro snowfall map FWIW.

RC and I have been talking about this and it's our last bit of optimism.

keep up the good fight...you might be far enough west to see an inch or two. tough call

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he mentioned something about Christmas dinner.

Ice is going to start to accumulate very efficiently in your area with those temps.

So far im doing fine. 2 streets down from me theirs no power. But it won't be long for me. The lights have been flickering consistently.

How about you guys?

Its a skating rink outside.

Well, it's raining here. <<yawn>> and  the prospect of some "snow" after midnight.  Still 34 here, been raining most of the day.

So, my punt has sailed downfield, and I am looking forward to (NOT!) shoveling the 1"-3" (if I get even that much) of slop off of the driveway some time tomorrow after noon. 

Lesson reinforced:  When the GFS shows a marginal event for my neck of the woods, and holds it consistently for several runs, just close the books, its as good as done. 

Hoping our Toronto posters make it through this.  I can deal with any form of weather, except for ice storms, I am with you on this one.  Keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers. 

Well, it's raining here. <<yawn>> and  the prospect of some "snow" after midnight.  Still 34 here, been raining most of the day.

So, my punt has sailed downfield, and I am looking forward to (NOT!) shoveling the 1"-3" (if I get even that much) of slop off of the driveway some time tomorrow after noon. 

Lesson reinforced:  When the GFS shows a marginal event for my neck of the woods, and holds it consistently for several runs, just close the books, its as good as done. 

Hoping our Toronto posters make it through this.  I can deal with any form of weather, except for ice storms... 

Thanks. I figure 80% chance I lose power at some point. So long as it's back up by Christmas Eve, I won't gripe.

I'm in the Spadina and Lakeshore Blvd area in downtown Toronto (right by Lake Ontario) and it's just plain rain so far. It's only a matter of time before the rain changes to freezing rain.

I am about .0 5 km. northwest of Queens Park. So far no flickering lights but steady light ZR since 5 pm. 

Pretty friggen' icy  around here.

Wonder if we get some thunder/ lightening with heavier ZR later.

After 30 + yrs. of paying close attention to T.O weather-wise  that would be something new to me as well.

I am about .0 5 km. northwest of Queens Park. So far no flickering lights but steady light ZR since 5 pm.

Pretty friggen' icy around here.

Wonder if we get some thunder/ lightening with heavier ZR later.

After 30 + yrs. of paying close attention to T.O weather-wise that would be something new to me as well.

CityNews meteorologist Natasha Ramsahai just mentioned on Twitter that rain has changed to freezing rain in the downtown core at Yonge and Dundas. Toronto Island is reporting freezing rain too.

CityNews meteorologist Natasha Ramsahai just mentioned on Twitter that rain has changed to freezing rain in the downtown core at Yonge and Dundas. Toronto Island is reporting freezing rain too.

Christie Pits area here has been below freezing since 5 pm.

Things are now fully coated. Power lines and tree limbs/ branches in park are now starting to sag from weight of ice accretion. 

Driveway is an ice rink. Trees are starting to get weighted down from the ice. You can hear the trees making creaking noises when the wind picks it up

same here

Still just not quite there yet here...slight glaze on elevated surfaces but the ground is still more slushy than ice. But when the wind blows I coould hear ice crinkling on the pine trees near by

Just went outside. Any breeze comes along and the trees make that foreboading creaking sound.

Nice thing is that I'm able to crack a sample of the ice that accreted off the snowpack. Looks like about 1/4-1/3" of accrual so far.

Quite surprised, I still have an 8-9" snowpack here. Figured it would be almost gone by now!

Archived