joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December pattern discussion, part II

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You must have had a bad time on vacation because your posting this morning is about as fun as scrooge on Christmas.

And it could be snow-less but at least it looks cold.

Lol, fantastic actually, I meant you are usually the last to agree when a pattern looks good and you post caveats, when you posted you like the pattern I figured you would post your usual litany of things that could go wrong.

Well for folks that have snowpack it means the world to them. Esp if they are attached to it

Just move to Jackson. You'll get more snow on average, better retention, more icing events, etc. You already live in the boonies more than I do...why not just live it at a higher latitude?

More to do up there then in Tolland. Also tourist money probably means decent schools.

Yes, that is an oft over-looked thing...tourist dollars, room and food and local taxes, and if you have a ski resort in town the tax dollars go through the roof. This town is loaded with money and the school kids definitely aren't suffering. It's not hard to entice great teachers if you can pay them the same they would make elsewhere, tell them they'll get great electronics and tools to teach with, along with the quality of life that goes along with living in these tourist areas, Heck this rural VT town has better sports fields and extra-curricular activities than where I grew up in a nice suburban area of Albany.

Huh.  Seeing these operational runs without any event(s) is interesting considering the changes in the tele's upcoming.   Hard to imagine that much large scale adjusting without having something more to show for it.   

I guess for now, cold cold and more cold.   

Yes, that is an oft over-looked thing...tourist dollars, room and food and local taxes, and if you have a ski resort in town the tax dollars go through the roof. This town is loaded with money and the school kids definitely aren't suffering. It's not hard to entice great teachers if you can pay them the same they would make elsewhere, tell them they'll get great electronics and tools to teach with, along with the quality of life that goes along with living in these tourist areas, Heck this rural VT town has better sports fields and extra-curricular activities than where I grew up in a nice suburban area of Albany.

I believe it. I see it all the time in NH. Ski towns and lakes region have decent schools, but man it's a scene from deliverance when you go one town away. If I were a carpenter, I'd probably live up there lol.

Huh.  Seeing these operational runs without any event(s) is interesting considering the changes in the tele's upcoming.   Hard to imagine that much large scale adjusting without having something more to show for it.   

I guess for now, cold cold and more cold.   

I remember everyone laughing at how the events were just lined up on last week's runs...as things have come more into view, its all seemingly vaporized.

Probably one of those deals where one or two of them will reemerge in the medium range.

Archived