joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December pattern discussion, part II

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't say you said thAt. I wrote exactly what you said. I have a hard time seeing us with no snow over the next 14-21 days with that pattern

I like the pattern going forward and I do see the risk of any storm possibly coming close. But if it's fast NW flow..it may be dry too. I'll side with not dry for now. I think the PV stays far enough north to not allow a full on suppression. Lets hope.

Well the pattern 12/7-14 lasted an extra week. We have nothing to complain about IMHO.

A large early season snow followed by  moderate snow.  16 inches in a few day period.  In mid December.  I ain't complainin!  But as you know, it was just the warm-up act.  Main show starts after Jan 1.  got your tickets?  It's not a bus this year...it's an arctic snow cat with plenty of seats.  And you are driving.

I didn't say you said thAt. I wrote exactly what you said. I have a hard time seeing us with no snow over the next 14-21 days with that pattern

I would have a hard time seeing that as well.  Most do, I think.  In the next three weeks all of New England is bound to get *some* snow.  It's approaching a more climo appropriate period to expect snow, and the pattern looks cold.  Even in a dry and cold pattern, some 2-4" clipper or weak wave is bound to bring a 2-4" fluff event and nickel and dime stuff.  Its just whether we can avoid a cutter, which may be mostly off the table though if the PV heads SEward towards us.  Even without a true -NAO pattern, its interesting to have that good cold nearby. 

I would have a hard time seeing that as well. Most do, I think. In the next three weeks all of New England is bound to get *some* snow. It's approaching a more climo appropriate period to expect snow, and the pattern looks cold. Even in a dry and cold pattern, some 2-4" clipper or weak wave is bound to bring a 2-4" fluff event and nickel and dime stuff. Its just whether we can avoid a cutter, which may be mostly off the table though if the PV heads SEward towards us. Even without a true -NAO pattern, its interesting to have that good cold nearby.

Looks very quiet till at least new years

it was a good week in Mid Dec with 3 storms, I'll take that and run any day....

For the entire season, if that was all you got between now and April?

No, you would be finished like most of us:

...I would have stuck my head into the snowblower auger,

...Kevin would be hanging the highest tree on Mt. Tolland,

...Ray would be swan diving off of the Tobin.

...Scott would be toaster bathing, leaving his wife to take care of their young son.

Archived