joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 13-14th Winter Storm Part 2

Chicago Storm

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A pathetic 2.5" at my house. I came home from high school hoops at 10:30 last night and my tracks are clearly still visible.

It won't be anything like the models showed.

Cheer up Debbie Jim. You'll double that when all is said and done. 

:whistle:

0326 PM SNOW KOKOMO 40.48N 86.13W

12/14/2013 M5.5 INCH HOWARD IN PUBLIC

SNOW DEPTH. REPORT VIA SOCIAL MEDIA

3.8cm here. Heavier banding around me in pretty much all directions. Hoping to pull 10-15cm in total.

Yeah same! It finally started like an hour ago and has been snowing since. Visibility is down. 

Whats your thoughts on this? The latest short-range models seem iffy on totals. But so far, many regions have gotten more than forecasted. It seems to be stronger and further NW than expected. 

Also temperatures have remained colder than what EC had anticipated. 

Yeah same! It finally started like an hour ago and has been snowing since. Visibility is down. 

Whats your thoughts on this? The latest short-range models seem iffy on totals. But so far, many regions have gotten more than forecasted. It seems to be stronger and further NW than expected. 

High of 19F was a huge bust. Only hit 11-13F in most places

I don't know what to expect tonight. I can't imagine totals will be as good as from the band earlier today. I'm at 4.5" here at home... it would be nice to hit 8" but I'm not sure how likely that will be... when is the good stuff pegged to start? Really windy and good SN here but doesn't seem to be accumulating more than 0.5" per hour.

Going to see that gradient type look setting up again with lake shore communities including hamilton and downtown seeing another 10-20cm. Areas near and north of the 401 will probably see an additional 6-15cm IMO.

Going to see that gradient type look setting up again with lake shore communities including hamilton and downtown seeing another 10-20cm. Areas near and north of the 401 will probably see an additional 6-15cm IMO.

Yeah lets see what ends up happening. Radar wise, it doesn't seem consistent with what the short-range models are saying. 

A nice 4-6" IMO is possible but for regions south of King City. Lets hope we can cash in. Thus far it has over exceeded expectations...temperatures are colder too so ratios should be high. 

3.5" was the final tally. 9.7" for the seasonal total.

MKX ended up busting big time on the LES advisories.

Not too much in Racine for example.

0205 PM SNOW 2 WSW RACINE 42.72N 87.82W
12/14/2013 M1.6 INCH RACINE WI TRAINED SPOTTER

STORM TOTAL OF 1.6 INCHES...STILL SNOWING LIGHTLY.

anyone can nail an event when it's on going, you did fine.  

we'll ignore the to 10" part :)

lol.....perhaps next time I will just pick a number that is hopefully somewhere between any medium range thoughts I have....for the sake of less wiggle room...

fun event none-the-less

perfectly timed for the kids to enjoy the weekend in the snow!

Archived