joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 13-14th Winter Storm Part 2

Chicago Storm

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that's fair. There assuredly is going to be a N-S increase in snowfall totals across the city.

I saw on Twitter that YYZ has about 2cm down so far? Anybody living near YYZ? Since its hard to believe their measuring capabilities. 

YYZ has 6.4cm so far this season and Buttonville has 11.2cm lawls.  

I saw on Twitter that YYZ has about 2cm down so far? Anybody living near YYZ? Since its hard to believe their measuring capabilities. 

Can you give me a link to that tweet about YYZ?

There are probably going to come in pretty low with this one. Fluffy, wind blown snow is no match for the nipher.

Can you give me a link to that tweet about YYZ?

There are probably going to come in pretty low with this one. Fluffy, wind blown snow is no match for the nipher.

Alright let me try finding it again. I went through a bunch of mets profiles and found it lool but I closed the tab. 

LOOL. I thought they switched instruments and such during the summer? They will have no measuring credibility left if they lowball this one. Every met that i can think of in the GTA bashed on EC for that Feb storm lol. 

I just went out to shovel and no way there's 2cm!!. I live about 15 minutes from YYZ and there's about at least 5" that I measured.

A few shots from behind my work. Very scenic...well the snow is pretty, the tire not so much. 

And no I'm not using that measurement as being "official". Just liked the shot. Though it is from an open field. ;)

attachicon.gifDec 13-14, 2013 snow tire.JPG

attachicon.gifDecember 13-14, 2013 snow trees.JPG

attachicon.gifDecember 13-14, 2013 ruler.JPG

Nice! What's the point of the tractor tire? Shoot golf balls through it?

Alright let me try finding it again. I went through a bunch of mets profiles and found it lool but I closed the tab. 

LOOL. I thought they switched instruments and such during the summer? They will have no measuring credibility left if they lowball this one. Every met that i can think of in the GTA bashed on EC for that Feb storm lol. 

They did. This will be a good test to see if it's improved their ability to accurately measure snow.

I just went out to shovel and no way there's 2cm!!. I live about 15 minutes from YYZ and there's about at least 5" that I measured.

Really? Where do you live? Mississauga? If they lowball this one I shall have a word with them personally. I dont workout for nothing you know, haha. Kidding... :lmao:

They did. This will be a good test to see if it's improved their ability to accurately measure snow.

Well lets see. Thus far I'm amazed to see there almost in-line with other stations with exception being Buttonville. I'm at 8.2cm, only 1.8cm more than YYZ, since I had a longer lasting LES band than YYZ like 1-2 weeks ago. 

I suspect they have atleast 5cm down if TorontoBlizzard is right. If you look at the radar its in the dead heart of that band off Lake Ontario. 

Really? Where do you live? Mississauga? If they lowball this one I shall have a word with them personally. I dont workout for nothing you know, haha. Kidding... :lmao:

Well lets see. Thus far I'm amazed to see there almost in-line with other stations with exception being Buttonville. I'm at 8.2cm, only 1.8cm more than YYZ, since I had a longer lasting LES band than YYZ like 1-2 weeks ago. 

I suspect they have atleast 5cm down if TorontoBlizzard is right. If you look at the radar its in the dead heart of that band off Lake Ontario. 

I live in Mississauga neat sq1

TorontoBlizzard is in south Mississauga I assume so there's probably going to be a decrease in snowfall between his house and Pearson.

TorontoBlizzard is in south Mississauga I assume so there's probably going to be a decrease in snowfall between his house and Pearson.

Yeah but i dont suspect it should be a big cutoff, perhaps 5-8cm cutoff. If indeed he measured 5", then YYZ should be around 2-3". The radar looks intriguing around that area. 

Its not snowing in my area btw. It has stopped. So far 1.7cm

EC sticking with 4-6" call for GTA except 6-8" along lakeshore

Yup, that's about right. This system looks to exceed expectations.

Have 3 inches here downtown T.O already

Kids on sleds on hill already outside house.

Have seen these east wind Lake Ontario squalls miss T.O so often last 30 yrs. here.

Wonder if there is some back draft effect from ENE wind going down the Oak Ridge moraine and drawing snows to the  lakes shore.

I dunno but....good stuff.

Yup, that's about right. This system looks to exceed expectations.

Have 3 inches here downtown T.O already

Kids on sleds on hill already outside house.

Have seen these east wind Lake Ontario squalls miss T.O so often last 30 yrs. here.

Wonder if there is some back draft effect from ENE wind going down the Oak Ridge moraine and drawing snows to the  lakes shore.

I dunno but....good stuff.

Yeah, more ground truth! So let's say 3-6" in the heart of the city so far.

Band was sinking south but has slowed to a crawl the last 30 minutes. More good news for you Torontonian! 

Give reports of 5-6" already, a lot of areas along the lakeshore from Toronto to Hamilton are probably going north of a foot.

It seems strange to believe now that on Thursday I was worried about even cracking 4". Now it seems like for a lot of us that 8" is a lock given that there's more than 4" down already and the synoptic stuff has barely started.

Archived