• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2013 - 2014 Banter Thread

NEG NAO

Allsnow, what happened bro?  You promised me a single-digit run this morning, and I got up ALL excited to have my face burn off from the wind only to see that it was TEN degrees???  WTF bro?

In all seriousness though, pretty impressed by how cold it did get in the city.  We bottomed out right at 10 in midtown and the park touched 9.  Still above what most models had progged (not surprising, they are usually too cold for the city at night), but impressive nonetheless.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey I stayed up till 1:30 last night to give the Euro PBP because nobody else was going to do it, and then afterwards I was bombarded with all the IMBY questions. How much for Philly? How much for Binghampton? I don't mind as much because it's the Euro, but if you read all the posts you'll almost always find your answer without having to ask an IMBY question.

Hey I stayed up till 1:30 last night to give the Euro PBP because nobody else was going to do it, and then afterwards I was bombarded with all the IMBY questions. How much for Philly? How much for Binghampton? I don't mind as much because it's the Euro, but if you read all the posts you'll almost always find your answer without having to ask an IMBY question.

If you live in monmouth county and you say R/S line is in southern jersey you dont have to ask if i mix and lose snow totals ( cough cough franklin ) :lol:

A very small part of me hopes that a crazy suppressed and dry solution comes to fruition to put to rest the meme that "these things always trend NW!!"

I did say that in the discussion thread but the 500mb pattern argues for a north trend rather than a southern trend. I agree though when i do say it i dont make it sound definate, more a possibility its foolish to always hug it

Yea, it was wright-weather.  That was a great storm, until we flipped to sleet in central VA.  That was the first big-time storm I tracked on these boards (the 01-02 winter sucked).

Lol, you should have seen WWBB before and after the March 2001 debacle. What an epic fail the back and forth was back then over there lol. Yanksfan thinks the bickering here is bad, this is child's play compared to WWBB lol. It'll always have a special place in my heart though. First it was the winter 2000 weather channel boards before the legendary migration over to WWBB. The seeds layed for what we have here today no doubt.

I did say that in the discussion thread but the 500mb pattern argues for a north trend rather than a southern trend. I agree though when i do say it i dont make it sound definate, more a possibility its foolish to always hug it

To be fair, the NYC-based discussion has followed a rather predictable timeline:

*T-156 hours: "That PV means business! No way the storm cuts"

*T-102 hours: "The consistency has been amazing, we're all gonna get slammed!"

*T-78 hours: "Overrunning events always go NW, I'd hate to be in the bullseye right now anyway."

I'm really, really sick of all the bickering that happens here on a daily basis regarding the PBP. I'm close to taking my information elsewhere. And I can't wait for the warmer weather to get here so that nobody will be worrying anymore about where a rain snow line will be.

rant

Really? Almost everyone is weenie's on here yanks. You give the best PbP you can give and i see that, if they have a problem with it oh well. Everybody here seems to follow modelology over meteorology when they see PbP and that is part of the problem, models arent perfect and you need to interject proper meteorlogical input sometimes to get a more correct solution. Today perfect example of 12z, all of a sudden its a storm cancel and people are panicking, there is still TONS of time till we achieve the final outcome. Dont get discouraged i support you 110% in what you do here and it is valuable and can say the same about allsnow as well

To be fair, the NYC-based discussion has followed a rather predictable timeline:

*T-156 hours: "That PV means business! No way the storm cuts"

*T-102 hours: "The consistency has been amazing, we're all gonna get slammed!"

*T-78 hours: "Overrunning events always go NW, I'd hate to be in the bullseye right now anyway."

:lol: touche my friend touche

Really? Almost everyone is weenie's on here yanks. You give the best PbP you can give and i see that, if they have a problem with it oh well. Everybody here seems to follow modelology over meteorology when they see PbP and that is part of the problem, models arent perfect and you need to interject proper meteorlogical input sometimes to get a more correct solution. Today perfect example of 12z, all of a sudden its a storm cancel and people are panicking, there is still TONS of time till we achieve the final outcome. Dont get discouraged i support you 110% in what you do here and it is valuable and can say the same about allsnow as well

No, they have AllSnow to give them the PBP.

If this continues I'll inevitably end up getting suspended or banned. This shouldn't be stressful. I've just about hit my breaking point. I'll go back to posting in the Philly forum where fifteen people won't be calling me incompetent because I misinterpreted one panel of a run.

If this continues I'll inevitably end up getting suspended or banned. This shouldn't be stressful. I've just about hit my breaking point. I'll go back to posting in the Philly forum where fifteen people won't be calling me incompetent because I misinterpreted one panel of a run.

If you call yourself part of the NW crew why do you continue to do pbp in there or even the philly forum?

In all honesty your pbp is not as IMBY as others in here. Going by most pbp in here if you didn't know any better you would think no one lives north of I-80 lol..

Trust me, many people appreciate it.   It's the unhappy ones you'll hear from most unfortunately.

If you call yourself part of the NW crew why do you continue to do pbp in there or even the philly forum?

In all honesty your pbp is not as IMBY as others in here. Going by most pbp in here if you didn't know any better you would think no one lives north of I-80 lol..

Bigger audience. Since the whole point is to give info to people that want it.

I'm really, really sick of all the bickering that happens here on a daily basis regarding the PBP. I'm close to taking my information elsewhere. And I can't wait for the warmer weather to get here so that nobody will be worrying anymore about where a rain snow line will be.

rant

good. leave.

X2 people have to realize he makes mistakes and so does lord earthlight. NO ONE IS PERFECT, if someone sees a mistake kindly correct or suggest to them dont be a "doosh" and be all bad ass.

It wasn't a mistake though..it was arguing over location of 'heavy' snow. Yesterday with jets pen it was about start time and duration. .01" in 6 hours is scattered snow showers at best and maybe just virga. Its basically a difference in interpretation

Archived