joxey
Winter 2013 - 2014 Banter Thread

NEG NAO

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a link for everyone

http://www.theweatherprediction.com/habyhints/

I reference that site nearly every day when I'm in weather-watching mode. The nice thing is that Jeff Haby is still adding new entries all the time, unlike most educational meteo sites that were created in like 2002 and haven't been touched since.

Just heard 1010 wins accuweather at 5:50 this morning ,calling for 6-12 inches next week, less near the coast due to mixing issues more than a foot north and west if the city. What's up with that? I thought if anything this thing shunts more south leaving n&w drier.

this is ALWAYS the case with 1010 wins. going with the "covering all bases" because lets face it the coast mixes typically not inland but this storm is going to be COLD

Just heard 1010 wins accuweather at 5:50 this morning ,calling for 6-12 inches next week, less near the coast due to mixing issues more than a foot north and west if the city. What's up with that? I thought if anything this thing shunts more south leaving n&w drier.

If 1010 is calling for 6 to 12 - then look for 12 to 18 . At this time before the Jan and both Feb storms they were calling for 1-3, then 2 days out they went to 3 to 6  KNYC wound up with10 - and 12- plus fell in a lot of spots.

The coast extends to Southern Ocean County and the far east end of LI .

Brooklyn is fine bud .

Earthlights going to be out of the country for this storm...that can't be good for our snow chances

I have never missed a big one before. I was initially pretty pissed I was going to be missing a classic overrunning event but todays cold sealed the deal for me. I'll enjoy my 7 days of warmth and then come back to be here when we break the record for snowiest winter ever. 

I have never missed a big one before. I was initially pretty pissed I was going to be missing a classic overrunning event but todays cold sealed the deal for me. I'll enjoy my 7 days of warmth and then come back to be here when we break the record for snowiest winter ever. 

I missed PD II. Went to the Daytona 500 that year. That year it was President's Day weekend. Still feel like I was deprived lol although it was an amazing trip and their are worse places to be stranded than Florida.

I missed PD II. Went to the Daytona 500 that year. That year it was President's Day weekend. Still feel like I was deprived lol although it was an amazing trip and their are worse places to be stranded than Florida.

Can you imagine the mayhem if PDII were to occur on modern day weather forums? I remember the mayhem back on Wright Weather bulletin board or whatever it was but at the time the volume of users/posts just couldn't compare. 

Can you imagine the mayhem if PDII were to occur on modern day weather forums? I remember the mayhem back on Wright Weather bulletin board or whatever it was but at the time the volume of users/posts just couldn't compare. 

Yeah I was obviously here for Boxing Day and that was pretty crazy. I went back and read some of the old topics yesterday and I got chills. Normal people just don't understand the passion that people on this forum, generally speaking of course have for the weather. 

Yeah I was obviously here for Boxing Day and that was pretty crazy. I went back and read some of the old topics yesterday and I got chills. Normal people just don't understand the passion that people on this forum, generally speaking of course have for the weather. 

Boxing Day was the biggest snowstorm ever at my specific location, but the scale and coverage of PDII would probably crash this forum for 5 days. 

Boxing Day was the biggest snowstorm ever at my specific location, but the scale and coverage of PDII would probably crash this forum for 5 days. 

96 topped both PDII and Boxing Day for me, but I wasn't on a weather board back then for either. Only 10 years old when it hit(96'). I remember looking out my back deck and the snow was half way up the sliding glass door. We built a snow fort in the backyard. I was indoctrinated into being a snow weenie at a very young age. If we ever had another 96 this place would probably crash completely. 

Did Josh call you on Christmas Eve morning of 2010? He was screaming like a little girl over the phone because the GFS brought back the big storm :weenie::lol: . Then he called me saying HPC threw it out so the storm was going to be a miss.

Did Josh call you on Christmas Eve morning of 2010? He was screaming like a little girl over the phone because the GFS brought back the big storm :weenie::lol: . Then he called me saying HPC threw it out so the storm was going to be a miss.

Yeah, and 6 hours prior to his phone call he had nearly left himself hanging from his ceiling fan. 

Yea, it was wright-weather.  That was a great storm, until we flipped to sleet in central VA.  That was the first big-time storm I tracked on these boards (the 01-02 winter sucked).

Archived