joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2013 - 2014 Banter Thread

NEG NAO

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snow scoreboard for each storm in the Winter of 2013-2014 (based off jackpot totals):

Dec 14-15th: Inland-1 Coast-0

Jan 2nd-3rd: Inland-0 Coast-1

Jan 21st: Inland-0 Coast- 1

Feb 3rd: Inland- 0 Coast- 1

Feb 5th: Inland- 1 Coast- 0

Feb 13-14th: Inland- 1 Coast- 0

We have all had our fair share of snow: Inland 3- Coast 3 (Tie)

In all honesty, anyone who is "looking down" on the NYC subforum isn't doing so because of YanksFan.

Sigh!!! I didn't blame YanksFan for people looking down on us..just used what happened as an example. I said he does a good job but what just we happened can't happen. Let's move on

This thread has turned into a reality show, WTF, oh and allsnow> Yanksfan

He's trying to bait me into doing something bad enough to get suspended or banned. He knows how to push my buttons well. I think tomorrow I'll be adding him to my ignore list and I suggest he do the same. He actually sent me taunting PM's last week.

it was obvious you took what I said the wrong way. Going to yield to you on this one since you have a met degree and I don't. We'll see how the models evolve. I was really, really hoping for a long, long duration event, no matter the likelihood.

So was I. Would have been awesome to see.

This isn't Storm2K, where people have to quote boilerplate about forecasts and opinions not being official NWS or from professional mets, or where someone who can't disagree with a pro-met without being suspended, but I'd still think people should at least be respectful with pro-mets when they disagree with them.

Unless you like the Wunderground tropical forum where a degreed met does an initial post and its a weenie fest after, with no professional posters in the thread at all.

But is the height something that is fixed because of pressures/thicknesses, or is that simply where the -12 to -18C temp range tends to fall? In other words, if you had strong omega between 800 and 700, and temps there were around -15C, would your snow growth be equally efficient as if it had occurred between 700 and 600, all else being equal?

Edit: you may have already answered but I'm one of them simple-minded folk; I need it pretty much spelled out for me. :) Thanks in advance!

You are a very good asset to this board. I'm glad you are here. And if you hadn't asked that question, I wouldn't have learn something new. (I moved this to banter to not interrupt a good discussion)

You are a very good asset to this board. I'm glad you are here. And if you hadn't asked that question, I wouldn't have learn something new. (I moved this to banter to not interrupt a good discussion)

Hey, thanks, I'm glad to hear that! I've been lurking around this board and its predecessor for a few years, and I think I've reached the point where I'm able to ask the right questions, and even answer a few of the more straightforward ones myself. Every storm is definitely a learning experience for me, even if the result isn't quite as desired. 

Hey, thanks, I'm glad to hear that! I've been lurking around this board and its predecessor for a few years, and I think I've reached the point where I'm able to ask the right questions, and even answer a few of the more straightforward ones myself. Every storm is definitely a learning experience for me, even if the result isn't quite as desired.

Hey man every storm is still a learning experience for me as well! That's the beauty of this science... No matter how many snaps you have to compare to... Every situation is its own beast.

I love that I'm able to casually ask specific questions of professionals in the field and receive answers with just the degree of technicality that I'm looking for. Habyhints and some of my meteorology reference books are great, and I can usually decipher most MWR journal articles to come up with a half-baked explanation, but nothing beats real-time chat with the experts.

I love that I'm able to casually ask specific questions of professionals in the field and receive answers with just the degree of technicality that I'm looking for. Habyhints and some of my meteorology reference books are great, and I can usually decipher most MWR journal articles to come up with a half-baked explanation, but nothing beats real-time chat with the experts.

Habby hints is an EXCELLENT site and I would strongly recommend that as a resource if no one is around to answer a question that you may have.

There's also a "ask a met" section in the main forum

Archived