joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2013 - 2014 Banter Thread

NEG NAO

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what will happen if both forkyfork and yanksfan both stopped posting?

I have mentioned this several times - the way to stop some of these nonsense posts in storm threads is too have a daily post limit for everyone - then folks will probably think before they post and write something that is worth reading in the thread - most of the storm threads this past winter have been unreadable because of the banter in them............Also all threads created should be approved by the mods first - another idea is too only let folks with a certain number of total posts - post in the storm thread and anyone who gets caught with more then 1 screen name should have their IP address blocked

I have mentioned this several times - the way to stop some of these nonsense posts in storm threads is too have a post limit for everyone - then folks will probably think before they post and write something that is worth reading in the thread - most of the storm threads this past winter have been unreadable because of the banter in them............Also all threads created should be approved by the mods first - another idea is too only let folks with a certain number of total posts - post in the storm thread and anyone who gets caught with more then 1 screen name should have their IP address blocked

Or people could just act their age and act the way grownups should act, without whining, complaining, bickering, and trolling. Just a thought. It isn't the moderator's job to act as a babysitter and tell grown adults to stop acting like crybabies. Moderators have jobs and lives outside of manning the baby monitor for people acting up.

Or people could just act their age and act the way grownups should act, without whining, complaining, bickering, and trolling. Just a thought. It isn't the moderator's job to act as a babysitter and tell grown adults to stop acting like crybabies. Moderators have jobs and lives outside of manning the baby monitor for people acting up.

unfortunately that will never happen because of the psychology of this type of communication - practically every discussion group I have participated that is controversial with opposing viewpoints turns into the same type of nonsense we encounter here - I still think the limited number of posts will help alot - and that can be set automatically in the software here.

unfortunately that will never happen because of the psychology of this type of communication - practically every discussion group I have participated that is controversial with opposing viewpoints turns into the same type of nonsense we encounter here - I still think the limited number of posts will help alot - and that can be set automatically in the software here.

Good posters shouldn't be punished because of the actions of bad posters.

Play-by-play posts for an insipid rainstorm 80 hours out = :axe:

So what, snow is pretty much done anyway. Any weather is better than none. April and May weather is so ZZZZ worthy for the most part. We usually just discuss temp departures with the occasional BDCF, a few rain mostly non-events, maybe some heat surges, and the growing season. 

GGEM has near 20 inches of snow for the south shore of the area next weekend lol

Sounds exciting but i am putting zero stock in any model for next weekend until sunday-monday. Besides its april and the chances of that happening are slim to none and slims bags are packed and ready to leave town anthony :lol:

GGEM has near 20 inches of snow for the south shore of the area next weekend lol

I'll run to the supermarket this afternoon and stock up with everything I can get my hands on. I'll also post the GGEM snow map on my Facebook page and tell all my friends and family of the impending crushing storm. I'll run to the gas station and make sure the gas tank's filled up and make sure our below ground bunker is stocked up to the hilt. I'll also charter a plane and drop leaflets urging the people to repent now in preparation for the death blow of frozen doom about to strike. In the meantime I'll turn every air vent I can as well as the A/C, ceiling fans, etc to blow west in the hopes that the storm won't be able to overcome it and make it to Long Island. I'll also be sure to plant many subtropical climate favored plants around my house in order to melt whatever snow falls from the sky before it makes it to the ground.

Anything I'm forgetting?

Not bad. I still have to get use to it lol. I have 10 days off in two weeks..

Same here. I work for DOT. The Staten Island ferry gives us a 4 day work week,salaried for 32 hours. I get 16 vacation days a year but it's really 30 days off in totally. Even if I use 2 sick days and 2 personal days in a week I am off for 10 days lol

I get 10 days of vacation but that becomes 20 days when you include the regular days off. I like this job but having to work the holidays is going to really suck because my mom is going to be alone.

That's true but you'll make a lot of money on holidays. Also, I just saw this. Makes cops life easier http://gothamist.com/2014/03/26/nypd_removes_barricades_from_wall_s.php

Models lock in on a rainstorm but not snowstorms. Smh.

maybe people would be better off talking to you at your level.

barney_zps0cced150.jpg

Barney says:

a basketball is BIGGER than a baseball

ball_zpsd4b6f905.jpg

just like the area of rain is BIGGER than the area of snow:

1_zpsaadb82f7.jpg

since one is BIGGER than the other, it's easier to get hit by it!

yay_zpsbc5efd17.jpg

maybe people would be better off talking to you at your level.

barney_zps0cced150.jpg

Barney says:

a basketball is BIGGER than a baseball

ball_zpsd4b6f905.jpg

just like the area of rain is BIGGER than the area of snow:

1_zpsaadb82f7.jpg

since one is BIGGER than the other, it's easier to get hit by it!

yay_zpsbc5efd17.jpg

This post was just loaded with humor forky, great work! :lol:

I'll run to the supermarket this afternoon and stock up with everything I can get my hands on. I'll also post the GGEM snow map on my Facebook page and tell all my friends and family of the impending crushing storm. I'll run to the gas station and make sure the gas tank's filled up and make sure our below ground bunker is stocked up to the hilt. I'll also charter a plane and drop leaflets urging the people to repent now in preparation for the death blow of frozen doom about to strike. In the meantime I'll turn every air vent I can as well as the A/C, ceiling fans, etc to blow west in the hopes that the storm won't be able to overcome it and make it to Long Island. I'll also be sure to plant many subtropical climate favored plants around my house in order to melt whatever snow falls from the sky before it makes it to the ground.

Anything I'm forgetting?

Valium?

:P

PS Subtropical species can only be planted within the 5 boroughs.

Archived